Update on XenForo development status?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check it for yourself, is easy. One thing is certain the versionId and $config->jsVersion are changed and more recent on XenForo site. I even created a function to determine the exact version they are at but could not find it because they probably implemented a non empty jsVersion variable.

May be easy for you but not for others and not for me.

Check it for yourself, is easy. One thing is certain the versionId and $config->jsVersion are changed and more recent on XenForo site. I even created a function to determine the exact version they are at but could not find it because they probably implemented a non empty jsVersion variable.

That's irrelevant though, the problem is not the lack of updates (which I don't feel there is) but rather the lack of communication.

That's irrelevant though, the problem is not the lack of updates (which I don't feel there is) but rather the lack of communication.
I updated the post with on topic info. In my books, the updates and team communication are the same thing. 99% of time, developers will post software updates and bug fixes information. Regardless how we interpret the words, the result is the same: we don't have any updates or any form of communication coming from the team.

I updated the post with on topic info. In my books, the updates and team communication are the same thing. 99% of time, developers will post software updates and bug fixes information. Regardless how we interpret the words, the result is the same: we don't have any updates or any form of communication coming from the team.

My point was that it's irrelevant that this particular board's software is ahead of the version released (that's only normal in my opinion), you making note of it does make you sound a bit entitled.

Additionally you seem to be complaining over the RM which is not even released yet or has any announced limitations in terms of what version it will support, it just sounds like you're complaining for the sake of complaining.

I agree that the team needs to do a better job communicating, which I believe is what your first post was about, if this is your primary concern may I suggest you don't start complaining about everything and nothing in the same thread as you will just saturate the original message you were trying to bring across.

You seem to be complaining over the RM which is not even released.
What I'm interested (I think I stated this 285 times so far) is to get more frequent updates from developers related to software. I'm not interested to know if they won the lottery or moved to Florida.
It just sounds like you're complaining for the sake of complaining.
Indeed, what I do all day is chase posts like yours and turn them into a complaint so Brogan can lose all his hair.

Seriously, what is wrong with the people here? I don't read or post often but where are those posts popping off from? Is the entire forum posts base like that? Because that would make me miss the vBulletin forum where people knew how to conduct a civilized discussion without attacking constantly other people and reason before they post a public comment.

And you wonder why I "reply" back to make you understand how "clever" your posts are...

What I'm interested (I think I stated this 285 times so far) is to get more frequent updates from developers related to software. I'm not interested to know if they won the lottery or moved to Florida.

I don't believe I've expressed any such interest, it just sounds like you're trolling now.

Indeed, what I do all day is chase posts like yours and turn them into a complaint so Brogan can lose all his hair.

Again, you just seem to be trolling at this point, pardon me if that's not the case but if you wish to be taken seriously that tone isn't going to help you.

I'm going to leave it at that as far as my participation in this thread goes, I think the question has been posed by now, at this point discussing it any further will just lead to anarchy.

Edit:

Leaving this up as I don't like censorship of any kind but I'd like to clarify that I've apologized to Floren in private for implying he be trolling, seems we were reading too far into our posts. Let's get back on topic :)

Not when you have a divided community on your hands. Where legitimate questions are bashed.

You might want to revise your message a bit, it's a bit confusing to read as at first it seems like you are frowning upon the OP whereas at the end you seem to be agreeing with him. I assume you meant that the overall attitude on the forums is very juvenile and that those of us who are using XF for more professional means pay the price by not getting any developer feedback.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I was simply saying that people (as paying customers) should be allowed to air serious concerns and the thread treated with the respect it deserves - so long as the OP is not rude of course (which I don't think Floren was) (I haven't read all of the thread, just the first few posts).

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I was simply saying that people (as paying customers) should be allowed to air serious concerns and the thread treated with the respect it deserves - so long as the OP is not rude of course (which I don't think Floren was) (I haven't read all of the thread, just the first few posts).

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing. Infact, I agree Floren is nothing but polite and for him to be accused of trolling is downright ridiculous. And again agreeing that floren's questions are legitimate it's that thing I posted earlier in this thread "everything in between is garbage" and doesn't offer up any solution to anybody.

Again, you just seem to be trolling at this point, pardon me if that's not the case but if you wish to be taken seriously that tone isn't going to help you.
I think there are at least 50 replies in this thread that are totally unproductive and full of fanboysm. I'm not saying yours is, but you went on a tangent to discuss something that was designed to attack me and did not bring any contribution to the thread. Therefore, you got a reply at the same level. Still, I apologize... just to show you that it was done in purpose so you see clearly the context.

And what is with this "troll" fashion, at every 2-3 phrases everyone is popping the "troll" word. People should post intelligently and leave on the side the criticism, that will avoid the "trolling" or whatever names you guys use. Just state your opinion related to the thread subject and everyone will have a productive time here. Don't go split the hair in 4 every time you feel like.

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing. Infact, I agree Floren is nothing but polite and for him to be accused of trolling is downright ridiculous. And again agreeing that floren's questions are legitimate it's that thing I posted earlier in this thread "everything in between is garbage" and doesn't offer up any solution to anybody.

Yeah sorry I was clarifying just in case :)

It's a shame that threads get spoiled like this one has - no wonder Mike and Kier stay off them. Although I will add that it's a wider cultural issue (thanks to SNs) where people think they can say what they want how they want, without thinking about the type of decorum that we *used* to have on forums. But anyway that's a topic for another thread :p

I tried so hard to stay out of this thread, I am failing :p

However, as stated by many others, there are very legitimate questions that have been directly posted and there are other questions that can be deduced. Floren's question has been answered by their silence. As Floris stated earlier in the thread, we know they read the thread, why no damage control? Why let it spiral this far?

Before I continue on my thought process, let me predicate by saying, anyone who knows me knows I am not conspiracy theorist nor do enjoy or partake in assuming on a regular basis. However there is one thought that keeps running through my mind: I think it is fair to say that, at this time, they "will not" say anything. I just hope that that the truth isn't that they "cannot" say anything at this juncture. The silence is telling me to buckle my seat belt and I am not wanting to go for a ride right now. :unsure:

I think it is fair to say that, at this time, they "will not" say anything. I just hope that that the truth isn't that they "cannot" say anything at this juncture.

That seems like a very tiny percentage possibility!
Unless the Aliens did get them......

I can't imagine a scenario in modern times where someone puts a gag order on the owners of a site.......

That seems like a very tiny percentage possibility!
Unless the Aliens did get them......

I can't imagine a scenario in modern times where someone puts a gag order on the owners of a site.......
I honestly hope you are right. I would love nothing more than to be wrong, in this case anyway.:p Things just aren't adding up.

At any rate, it seems like the "parents" have bolted out of the car and left us "kids" arguing in the back seat :eek:
Unless the kids decide to make noise and scratch the car so they grasp parents' attention and let them know they are still locked on that back seat waiting to be set free...

If you are gonna ignore your customers, you are going to have a bad time.

Oh look, someone has been on Reddit! Floris, you are one of the last people that should be talking down to people who "disappear" and don't keep their "customers or community" in the loop. I seem to recall you dropping off the face of the earth and just leaving people hanging. There is a few threads around here people created trying to figure out what the hell was going on to. So look in the mirror.

To the rest, they aren't ignoring their customers. Kier posted a reply stating the situation. You jackasses still are kicking up a **** storm after it was already stated we shouldn't see 1.2 until at the very latest end of second quarter. Kier is in the process of moving his own forum to xenForo.

Ya'll are all just a bunch of people who should be spending time outside or working on your damn forums. Jesus Christ.

BamaStangGuy said:
You jackasses still are kicking up a **** storm after it was already stated we shouldn't see 1.2 until at the very latest end of second quarter. Kier is in the process of moving his own forum to xenForo.

Ya'll are all just a bunch of people who should be spending time outside or working on your damn forums. Jesus Christ.
You just insulted an army of people, bright star. Great job.... and don't you have something to do like spending time outside or working on your forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom