Update on XenForo development status?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I am worried too.

I want to convert my main site to Xenforo (+RM) but I cannot plan for it because there really is no update about the RM and /or upcoming versions. Having said that I am very sympathetic with the developers as it's quite clear IB's lawsuit is affecting XF development. I wish them well... but a total lack of communication about the product is very worrisome. Then there is the factor of upcoming VB 4.2. If VB 4.2 includes an alerts system much like XF (and FB) I am afraid, not just me but a lot of people would stick with VBulletin and / or move to VB.

Again, I do not intend to put any pressure on the devs, I wish them well. It would just be nice if they posted communication about the product.

I agree we really need an update but also Kier converting SB surely makes a positive statement that he doesn't expect XF to go away soon.

I agree with Floren, and I reject the notion that customers should simply walk away in defeat if no answer is given by the company in a timely manner. It is grating to see how quickly folks like him are heckled by other customers for making such a reasonable request.

Floren, I totally feel your pain. I believe guiltar has said it best:-
If you know developers personally better ask them personally. You may recieve more clear and honest answer than we could get here by pressing them. They of course understand that silence is bad for business but they are silent. That means saying anything is even worse.

In the last Kier's thread he mentioned about lawsuits. So we can only cross finders and hope. Guess, in one day they will say all the info.

I cant imagine that there is anything more behind this than the lawsuit because nothing else makes sense.

I also have a strong need for more information but I have no option but to wait it out and be patient. I sympathise that you may lose clients and its a shame that vBulletin and IPB will gain new / retain customers but I'm very sure that KMA are aware of the situation and the onslaught of people calling for a development update. I am sure it is a priority. For all we know there may be far more to the update than we could ever imagine and just making a development update could take hours or days.

In short, who knows but time will provide an answer.

To be the upgrading of Spacebattles.com (Kier's personal forum) this weekend seems to be a good indication that Xenforo is still going strong, I'm sure there's a very good reason why we haven't been given more information and frankly I have to respect the fact that they will have considered all the options and staying silent is the best option for them.

Having said that I will be looking very closely to see what the version number on the spacebattles.com forum is when it relaunches. We might be in for a treat on Tuesday*.

*Disclaimer: This is a personal hope, I have no real information but the fact Kier chose now to relaunch spacebattles makes me believe a 1.2 launch is possible.

Well, I'm waiting to renew my licenses until the train gets moving again since I don't have any xf forums that are doing much of anything. :(

We are still running our two forums on 1.1.1 and so far no issues with it. Very solid, so there is not direct need for a 1.2 version.

Only waiting for the Resource Manager as that is a vital part of our community that has been cut out since we've migrated from vbulletin to xenforo in November.

If there isn't much coming anytime soon we need to look for a permanent other solution, which I would hate as the RM looks brilliant here at xf.com.

Fingers crossed and in the meantime I keep refreshing XF.com 20x a day :D

So you will have to get used because I definitely need some answers for myself (and my clients), I don't care 1 million identical threads were previously started. BTW, show me any of those threads where at least 1,000 people requested an development update from developers. There are none, or else something would be posted into Announcements.

Yours doesn't even have 1000 people requesting.

Also you sort of contradicted your statement, 1 million threads over the same thing (even though there are only around probably 20) = more then over 1,000 people requesting for an update.

If you know developers personally better ask them personally.
I don't mix business with private live. IMO, the proper place to get updates on the software development is here on the Announcements forums, not on Skype.
Yours doesn't even have 1000 people requesting.

Also you sort of contradicted your statement, 1 million threads over the same thing (even though there are only around probably 20) = more then over 1,000 people requesting for an update.
Quit wasting my time and anyone else's. I'm here to get some answers from development team, not to deal with infant arguments.

I was recently very sick and hospitalized for one month while breathing through a tube but that would not concern my clients who hire me for my services, not my well being.

Floren, I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know...but I now I feel bad for sending you PM's about searchlight. Hope everything is better man!

Right now I have several clients with large vBulletin forums who are hesitant to move to XenForo. They all say the same thing: "Floren, we cannot move to XenForo, we have no idea what is their status and their evolution." And they are absolutely right.

So I'm sitting on approx. $20,000 worth of contracts from my clients that I cannot cash because we don't have any XenForo updates. Do you understand now why is so important for me as well other potential customers to see some action? That phrase sums it all:

To be honest I see this as an attempt to add some justification to a post where there is none and if it is it feels like such a half truth (though i've never met you so who knows you might be sitting on 20k worth of contracts, but you know the internet and such claims are made left right and center... so my appologies if I am wrong)

But I see a considerably sized flaw in your business strategy... and one that doesn't quite add up if going by your first post also...

Either way your business situation is of no concern to XenForo... what would they get out of your business relationships? A few licenses. So trying to lay blame onto them for your income (or lack thereof) is unjusifiable.

When KAM have an update to share... they will share it... I doubt anyone hastling them is going to speed anything up... none of the other threads have so this one most likely will be no different...

Im-Giving-Her-All-Shes-Got_6269-l.jpg

Quit wasting my time and anyone else's. I'm here to get some answers from development team, not to deal with infant arguments.

Oh noez! You called it an infant argument! Your business isn't a concern of XenForo Ltd. You think you can get answers from the dev team when others thought the same and got nothing? Well then you need to go rethink what you've been saying in this thread, you take no priority over the other dozens of customers that have posted the same questions you have.

Next time go read the others threads, if you had this time you would of read that Mike has already stated in one of them that development is still on course and nothing has changed, so get off your high horse and take a chill pill.

though i've never met you so who knows you might be sitting on 20k worth of contracts, but you know the internet and such claims are made left right and center... so my appologies if I am wrong.
Axivo charges in average between 3-5,000 dollars per performance cluster setup, transferring the data from vBulletin to Xenforo has no financial interest to us because the real money is from server maintenance contracts. On the other hand, being friend with Mike and Kier I help them as much as I can to promote their product. This explains also why I cannot ask them directly on Skype what problems they have or what is going on with the development because that will be an abuse of their trust. However, I can post here as a client that voices his opinion, which apparently is backed my several other concerned users.
Either way your business situation is of no concern to XenForo... what would they get out of your business relationships? A few licenses. So trying to lay blame onto them for your income (or lack thereof) is unjusifiable.
You obviously do not see how important is for business to have many large forums posting the XenForo colors out there. I do and that is the reason why I want to help Mike and Kier. In the end I could care less if my clients went for IPB, but I believe XenForo is a much better choice.
When KAM have an update to share... they will share it... I doubt anyone hastling them is going to speed anything up.
It is your right to stick your head in the sand and live into unknown. I also don't understand why do you speak on their behalf: "When KAM have an update to share... they will share it." Personally I need some updates, so I don't understand why you posted in this thread since this matter does not concerns you.

This thread is on the verge of being closed as it is just a bunch of personal attacks.

This thread is on the verge of being closed as it is just a bunch of personal attacks.
Brogan, I'm really tired to hear immature answers and fanboysm replies.
All I want is to get some feedback and show developers that there are many concerned customers.

Brogan, I'm really tired to hear immature answers and fanboysm replies.
All I want is to get some feedback and show developers that there are many concerned customers.

Floren:

Your concerns are most definitely valid and most definitely warrants answers. However, I am afraid any answer you may receive right now, while it may satisfy your present desire for answers, may only lead to disappointment, distrust, and anger for being mislead.

The situation XenForo is in an ever changing and dynamic one. Please be patient as products are continuously being refined, polished, and developed to the quality and standards we have come to expect as customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom