padding: 2px 4px;

text-align: center;

font-weight: bold;

border-radius: 2px;
    text-shadow: none;

color: white;

margin-left: 2px;
}

Sweet! I really couldn't use this on AdEx because of my red navbar backround, but with this upgrade and a little tweaking by Arty it really looks great!

Last edited:
How i can cache it ?
There's not much point in caching it because the number is dynamic and changes very frequently.

Consider how frequently new posts are created, which would increase the count. Consider how frequently the count should decrease (e.g. when you visit threads).

Caching the number of unread posts would make the count pretty useless in the first place.

@Chris Deeming -

I've this in the extra.css -

HTML:
#unreadPostsCount .itemCount.alert {
background: #FFFF7B !important;
color: #000 !important;
}

After the upgrade, the font color of the count is still 'white'. It worked very fine in the earlier version. What's going wrong?
Same issue here, should I add this css also? :rolleyes:

Is there a way to add a 2nd instance of this to another area of the site rather than just the submenu under forums?

Anyone wanting to put this somewhere else might want to try pasting this at the desired location:

Code:
<xen:include template="unread_posts_count" />

I'm not really sure without going into great detail, nor am I sure it would look right.

Just experiment. Paste it into a template.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by main navigation bar. Do you mean the nav tabs? At a guess that's the navigation template, but I'm sure you'll find it :)

Hello,

I use the add-on Ignore New Posts by Waindigo. Although I select the forums are not displayed, but the number is displayed in my "New Posts". How can I customize it?

Top Bottom