Resource icon

Two Factor Auth 1.1.1

No permission to download
The front-end login has also been changed, with a phrase now directing people to the contact form link if they have lost access.
Can you turn this off in the settings?
Because usually no admin can (or should) restore access for a user who claims that he lost access to his OTP app/device - anybody can claim this.
If an admin would do this the whole 2FA is useless.

Can you turn this off in the settings?
Because usually no admin can (or should) restore access for a user who claims that he lost access to his OTP app/device - anybody can claim this.
If an admin would do this the whole 2FA is useless.

Remove the phrase content or edit the template.

The front-end login has also been changed, with a phrase now directing people to the contact form link if they have lost access.
Hello Liam,
What can you do as an admin if an user have lost access. What do you need to disable a user in the database so that they can log in again?

Hello Liam,
What can you do as an admin if an user have lost access. What do you need to disable a user in the database so that they can log in again?

On the edit user admin page, there is a remove two factor auth option in the drop down in the right hand corner.

Liam

However as said if you do so this effectively disables 2FA. Because if you grant him access you would have to verify that he is really the original user and/or is the owner of the device which he uses (or has used) for 2FA. And of course he would still have to have access to this device - a lost device could also be misused by anyone.

BTW is there an option/permission to separately allow/disallow E-Mail and Google Authenticator OTP (in fact the correct name for Google Authenticator would be TOTP)?

Liam, I'm getting an invalid code every time when trying Google Auth.
Email OTP doesn't work either. I select it, save, and it's reset back to Disabled. Any idea?

@Liam W I get that error with the other 2fa addon as well, so it must not be your addon. Still, any idea how to fix that?

Top Bottom