• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Twitter Authentication (new)

I found a solution to the"Could not retrieve a valid Token response" error
https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/392

on the twitter app page, enter a callback url to act as a placeholder. in my case I entered my xen dir url w/o the trailing slash.

it works fine now. THANK YOU!

PS - since i'm using xenporta as my hompage & have a redirect in my root dir pointing to my xen dir, I set the board homepage in the twitter app & in my site basic board settings to the xen dir instead of root. I don't believe this fixed the auth error but thought I'd point it out anyway. to solve the issue of the double "home" tab created by xenporta when I entered the board url, I just deleted it from "navigation" template.

Well, I am not getting this to work.

I uploaded files.
I imported the addon.
I activated the addon.
I created a Twitter app.
- CallBack URL: empty
Access: Read only (tried read and write also) (which is needed?)
I added both keys to options.

Then when clicking the sign in with twitter, it goes to register/twitter?reg=1 and nothing happens. I just get a xenforo error, "a server error ocurred, try later".

Any advice ? I am missing something ? Can someone share a step by step ? is access token needed ?

Thanks.

CallBack URL: empty
It should be basic site URL
PS - since i'm using xenporta as my hompage & have a redirect in my root dir pointing to my xen dir, I set the board homepage in the twitter app & in my site basic board settings to the xen dir instead of root. I don't believe this fixed the auth error but thought I'd point it out anyway. to solve the issue of the double "home" tab created by xenporta when I entered the board url, I just deleted it from "navigation" template.
Sorry, my mistake. I mean not the homepage but Board URL should be correct.

So, to get things clear I have to do this. (My forum is in site.com/forum)

- CallBack URL: site.com

I think it will help a lot to give this instructions in the installation steps above. 3 lines that can help and will not create hundreds of threads asking for the same.

Thanks.

Top Bottom