• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tweet Topics - Auto Twitter Submit on New Thread

Yeah I figured that if a new post came in a thread that wasn't already tweeted it tweets it. Wanted to come back and say so but dozed off lol Thanks :)

Alright, bit ly disable and its working :confused:
You do realise that you just broke all your forum redirect abilities and also that this isn't functioning correctly, and instead of posting only new threads, it posts every post to your twitter account?

The developer stopped working on it, disappeared.... Last seen in March. This mod is severely broken and the thread should be locked IMO, as the developer has left the building and the mod does not function correctly anymore.

You do realise that you just broke all your forum redirect abilities and also that this isn't functioning correctly, and instead of posting only new threads, it posts every post to your twitter account?

The developer stopped working on it, disappeared.... Last seen in March. This mod is severely broken and the thread should be locked IMO, as the developer has left the building and the mod does not function correctly anymore.

I agree on the mod being broken, that why several of us went off topic to discuss using twitterfeed instead of the mod from the OP.

aww :(
I was just getting ready to install and saw this..

Note: this add-on is known to break thread redirects!

Aww shoot, this is what I logged in for today. :(

Ok, i set it all up, did the call back link, allowed it to read and write and still nothing being posted....

https://twitter.com/#!/BalearicForums not even one post from the forum except me telling lord sugar what i liked for his book cover.

What have i done wrong?
xenforo.PNG

This mod does not work correctly, and the developer has not been seen from in a while, or done anything about all the broken parts.

Read a couple posts above, and you will see a link to another mod that works correctly and is supported, covers both Twitter and Facebook.

This addon this abandoned and it is very interesting, would be well to someone who understands the subject update it to make it work correctly

This addon this abandoned and it is very interesting, would be well to someone who understands the subject update it to make it work correctly

We use Twitterfeed to do this. We use ragtek's add-on for the global forum feed, but with 1.1 B3, a global RSS feed is in the XenForo core, making Twitterfeed the obvious choice (plus added benefit of also streaming the threads to FaceBook and a few other Social Media sites).

We use Twitterfeed to do this. We use ragtek's add-on for the global forum feed, but with 1.1 B3, a global RSS feed is in the XenForo core, making Twitterfeed the obvious choice (plus added benefit of also streaming the threads to FaceBook and a few other Social Media sites).
yes, but this addon could exclude the nodes that did not interest him, and Global can not do that.

I think the whole purpose of this addon was that you didn't HAVE to rely on these poorly done extra sites, it did it automatically, as it SHOULD be done
Well it's not how it should be done as it's not a feature at the moment, so there's nothing wrong with suggesting alternatives that might help people achieve the same result in the interim.

This add-on is very interesting, if someone were so kind to fix it.

Sorry for my english, i am using a translator.

Thank you.

Luiz,

Check out Twitterfeed :) We use it to publish news to both Twitter and Facebook. Very easy to set up. All you need is an RSS feed.

Thank you for answering SchmitzIT,

I know, I'm using this other Add-on (AutoSocial), but has the disadvantage that feeds of all forums.

This had very good looks, the downside is that the author left it.

Would be nice if some of the good programmers that there are Xenforo update it.

Greetings.

Top Bottom