• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tutorial: Sub Forum Grid Listing...

That's where I was looking... forums/styles/default/xenforo/?
is it a standalone css file or is it embedded css within a html/php file?

Appearance >> Styles >> Templates (for the style you wish to work on) >> EXTRA.css

Templates are stored in the Database, they are not "files" within the file system. You can however access them as sudo file via WebDav

Would you be able to share your code?

Been wanting to mess with this and finally had time this AM.. did mine a little different. Only wanted the Sub Forum Grids on 2 forums and the rest remaining default xenforo. Also wanted 64 (32 new, 32 old) images for each of the 32 sub forums. Still have some tweaking that I want to do, but its coming along nicely :) Each Team uses 2 images (node_id-new.png and node_id-old.png).

View attachment 12329

Hmm..

I just tried following the guide step by step and it results in this oddity:

1312235395.png

Hmm..

I just tried following the guide step by step and it results in this oddity:

1312235395.png

5 columns is not appropriate for your longer titles.. id go with 4 columns (or maybe even 3)..

change this: .subForumsGrid .node { width: 20%; float: left; }
to this for 4 columns: .subForumsGrid .node { width: 25%; float: left; }
to this for 3 columns: .subForumsGrid .node { width: 33%; float: left; }

Would anyone be able to give me a hand? I'm trying to make the forums look similar in width, but they look disorganized, there's more spacing to some than others. Please see: http://gunero.com/

Thanks!

Would anyone be able to give me a hand? I'm trying to make the forums look similar in width, but they look disorganized, there's more spacing to some than others. Please see: http://gunero.com/

Thanks!

Changed, it looks a bit better but there is still lots of space between Feedback and Community Polls.

Changed, it looks a bit better but there is still lots of space between Feedback and Community Polls.

its 4 equal column widths. Your Titles are all different lengths.. of course there is going to be a difference in spacing between the words when they are different lengths with in each cell.

Here is an example: 4 equal width columns with different length data within the columns.... as you can see, the 4 columns are all the same width, it the data that isn't (which in your case,
feedback is a lot shorter than Community Pools

Feedback
Community Polls

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
1234_________ | 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1___ | abcdefgdf_____ | ASKDJHASDKJ

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
Feedback______ | Community Polls | abcdefgdf_____ | ASKDJHASDKJ

its 4 equal column widths. Your Titles are all different lengths.. of course there is going to be a difference in spacing between the words when they are different lengths with in each cell.

Here is an example: 4 equal width columns with different length data within the columns.... as you can see, the 4 columns are all the same width, it the data that isn't (which in your case,
feedback is a lot shorter than Community Pools

Feedback
Community Polls

1234_________ | 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1___ | abcdefgdf_____ | ASKDJHASDKJ

Feedback______ | Community Polls | abcdefgdf_____ | ASKDJHASDKJ

Indeed, that is what I figured out originally, hence why I was looking at some help. I noticed that changing that would make equal columns but due to the different names it wouldn't work. I'm looking for a way the width can be kinda like appended to the end of each word depending on the length, or am I thinking of something really hard/complicated to do?

This is my current CSS...
Code:
.subForumsGrid { margin-right: 55px; }
.subForumsGrid .blockLinksGrid { width: 100%; display: inline-block; padding: 5px 5px 5px 50px; }
.subForumsGrid .fullWidth { width: 100% !important; padding-bottom: 4px; }

.subForumsGrid .node { width: 25%; float: left; }
.subForumsGrid .node ol { padding-left: 15px; }
.subForumsGrid .node  a { padding: 5px 10px 5px 18px; }
.subForumsGrid .node .node a { padding: 0px 10px 1px 18px; }
.subForumsGrid .node .nodeTitle { font-size: 11px; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden; }
.subForumsGrid .node div,
.subForumsGrid .node div a:hover
{
    background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/read.png');
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: 0px 50%;
}
.subForumsGrid .node div.unread,
.subForumsGrid .node div.unread a:hover
{
    background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/unread.png');
}

This is my current CSS...
Code:
.subForumsGrid { margin-right: 55px; }
.subForumsGrid .blockLinksGrid { width: 100%; display: inline-block; padding: 5px 5px 5px 50px; }
.subForumsGrid .fullWidth { width: 100% !important; padding-bottom: 4px; }

.subForumsGrid .node { width: 25%; float: left; }
.subForumsGrid .node ol { padding-left: 15px; }
.subForumsGrid .node  a { padding: 5px 10px 5px 18px; }
.subForumsGrid .node .node a { padding: 0px 10px 1px 18px; }
.subForumsGrid .node .nodeTitle { font-size: 11px; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden; }
.subForumsGrid .node div,
.subForumsGrid .node div a:hover
{
    background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/read.png');
}
.subForumsGrid .node div.unread,
.subForumsGrid .node div.unread a:hover
{
    background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/unread.png');