Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone [Deleted]

Sure he may be beta testing another mod, but not sure what a apple has to do with a orange.

He obviously tried the app on a site, and is reporting his findings, much like many people on here. ;)
i dunno, i feel vbresults getting some unneeded posts in here

i been using this app for couple of days and so far this is my notes

1- it allow you to force a skin into it, which made this app godly for me...i custom made a skin just for the app and my members love it
2- its very smooth so far
3- the header can have more options, i heard i can have a sticky menu but not sure how to do this so far
4- i think a loading wheel is 100% needed
5- swipe to go back/ pull to refresh is also something nice to have to make the app feel more "appy"
6- notifications are very slick on android, still not working on ios tho :(

this is my thoughts so far, excellent app @vbresults ... this is to me a dream come true as i can control what i want the app to do by editing a skin, i know some people want something to be more app oriented but thats not a good option in my opinion as forums evolve quick and each one of us have at least 15 mods that an app wont work with...so this option is based imo

Reactions: Max
IMO web view wrapper is best. You can have the native look of the forum with all the mods and themes you have.
If he create a pure app then all of us will have to use same kind of default style app which will not match our forum skins or addons.
Members will not like to see loss of addon functionality when they switch to the app.
I know you can have all of these with xf mobile theme but we get push notifications and direct icon on user's phone screen which will make a huge difference in engagement.

Please release a SDK so we can use this app function on other apps.

but i think your review here is a bit bias for things i dont see a need to mention
we should work together to improve the apps but it is not how its working out so far
Oh Jeez, you found me out. :rolleyes:
I have more than a passing interest in mobile app(s) for xf sites, and I'm investigating both.
I've provided numerous feedback on beta testing one app, and also took the opportunity to take a look at another app on a site I use and note some feedback.
I'm not an owner/developer/shareholder in either - how does it make me biased? If anything, the opposite.
Get over yourself.

Oh Jeez, you found me out. :rolleyes:
I have more than a passing interest in mobile app(s) for xf sites, and I'm investigating both.
I've provided numerous feedback on beta testing one app, and also took the opportunity to take a look at another app on a site I use and note some feedback.
I'm not an owner/developer/shareholder in either - how does it make me biased? If anything, the opposite.
Get over yourself.
A thumb down smiley isnt really feedback mate

vbresults updated Mobile Apps for XenForo with Push Notifications [and Add-on Support], Android + iPhone/iPad with a new update entry:

* Personalized Mobile Apps 1.2.32

Android and iPhone
  • Fix to bug causing third-party login systems to open in the system browser in 1.2.3-1.2.31
Android
  • Window background color (after splash screen, but before 1st page load) now matches navigation bar
  • Back arrow color now matches title bar
  • System/status bar is no longer customizable due to inconsistencies across Android versions
XenForo and vBulletin
  • New Setting:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@king8084 Until the iOS push issue is resolved you still have email support (after that github), will follow up there;

Does the app have functionality for restricting usage to user group(s)? If so, how does awareness occur for user not a member of the user group(s) when they downloads and install the app?

It uses standard XenForo permissions; if you want to restrict by usergroup this cannot be determined at the time of download/install, it must be at the time of loading the app.

It uses standard XenForo permissions;
So no ability to control which members can or cannot use the app?
It uses standard XenForo permissions; if you want to restrict by usergroup this cannot be determined at the time of download/install, it must be at the time of loading the app.
How is it handled when they (users not in a usergroup with app usage permission, pending this is even available, as per above question) in load/start the app?

Im not too worried about the app being a web view, but my users find replying/posting via the xenforo posting section a pain on their mobiles, when compared to say something like tapatalk. Is there anything available that makes posting easier, more tapatalk/native app like?

So no ability to control which members can or cannot use the app? How is it handled when they (users not in a usergroup with app usage permission, pending this is even available, as per above question) in load/start the app?
Answer to both is it works in the same way it would in a browser. If you block a specific section then the unprivileged or unauthenticated user gets the same message they'd get if they tried to access the section in XenForo. If you block the forum to guests, like a browser, it shows the Xen login screen.

Im not too worried about the app being a web view, but my users find replying/posting via the xenforo posting section a pain on their mobiles, when compared to say something like tapatalk. Is there anything available that makes posting easier, more tapatalk/native app like?

There have been ideas floating around; one is to add a native "post new thread" and "post new reply" button to the title bar, which shows depends on what page you're on, and it acts the same as the browser post button, except maybe it focuses the post box

Answer to both is it works in the same way it would in a browser. If you block a specific section then the unprivileged or unauthenticated user gets the same message they'd get if they tried to access the section in XenForo. If you block the forum to guests, like a browser, it shows the Xen login screen
OK, so no way to limit the apps usage to only specific user group(s).
That's me out - not paying $200+ per year for a browser with push notification, without having members help contribute towards it.

I'm very interested in this addon. However, before buying I would like to see a real live example. Can you provide a link to one of these XF forum apps in the Apple web store @vbresults .

Or is there a time limited test version?

I'm very interested in this addon. However, before buying I would like to see a real live example. Can you provide a link to one of these XF forum apps in the Apple web store @vbresults .

Or is there a time limited test version?

It's running on theadminzone.com you can check it out there.

I'm a registered member of theadminzone.com. Yesterday I've downloaded their XF app from the itunes store, which is based on "Mobile Apps for XenForo". The app works fine on my ipad mini, however there is one issue - and unfortunately this is really a show-stopper for me.

When I tap on the icon it needs up to 20 seconds until the embedded forum appears. There are no error messages and everything works fine then, but my fear is that most of my users would cancel the app after 10 seconds waiting. At first I thought my Wifi connection is slow, but it isn't. It's very fast. All of my other apps launch within two seconds. When I view the webpage in chrome or in safari the starting page appears within two seconds. Any ideas what can cause this issue @vbresults ?

P.S: some behaviour on my iphone5 -> 25 seconds loading time.

Last edited:
I'm a registered member of theadminzone.com. Yesterday I've downloaded their XF app from the itunes store, which is based on "Mobile Apps for XenForo". The app works fine on my ipad mini, however there is one issue - and unfortunately this is really a show-stopper for me.

When I tap on the icon it needs up to 20 seconds until the embedded forum appears. There are no error messages and everything works fine then, but my fear is that most of my users would cancel the app after 10 seconds waiting. At first I thought my Wifi connection is slow, but it isn't. It's very fast. All of my other apps launch within two seconds. When I view the webpage in chrome or in safari the starting page appears within two seconds. Any ideas what can cause this issue @vbresults ?

a loading wheel would solve most these issues and i think it will be introduced at some point

@vbresults i am planning to change the app to look like this
upload_2016-4-26_22-37-16.webp

i can play with css to get the footer how i want it to look..but as far as i know, i cannot change the top part...right?

@king8084 Per the support policy, please post your inquiry on Github. This thread and any other external threads outside the support structure are only for pre-sales inquiries.

We have the splash screen set to hide after 5 seconds as of a recent version, but the 5 seconds set is being ignored for some reason -- the majority of the delay you are seeing isn't the app being slow, it's the splash screen not hiding when it's supposed to;

We're switching to an entirely different splash screen system in the next update to prevent this from being a problem again.

Edit: Trying out the new system on my 5s and the loading time is worlds apart. Comparing to Safari it's much closer to that now. The iPhone update will be live within 4 to 5 days.

Last edited:
vbresults updated Mobile Apps for XenForo with Push Notifications [and Add-on Support], Android + iPhone/iPad with a new update entry:

* Turn-key Mobile Apps 1.2.33

iPhone and Android
  • Faster app loading
XenForo and vBulletin
  • There are no add-on/plugin updates at this time, assuming you are up-to-date on the previous version.
  • To fix some reported issues, you need to reset add-on/plugin cache. More on how to below.
Service Changes
  • Business Hours changed from 6PM-10PM U.S. MST to 2PM-6PM U.S. PST.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom