XF 1.5 Trying to create a section accessible to users by password only

Vigilance

Hello all,

Prefer to make a section where users can get access to it by solving a riddle or what not and enter the answer as the "password" to the forum. Not sure where I would do this in the ACP or if this is possible. Any help is appreciated.

I know I could create a section and a matching role with permissions to access it but I was hoping I could do it the way I listed above.

Thanks.

XF does not have that function built in.

It would require a third party add-on, if one exists, otherwise custom development.
That's what I was wondering! Thanks for the speedy reply. I think I found one here:

Taking over for some absent administrators on my site and I don't entirely understand how to get the add-on working on my forum. I downloaded the zip file already and was wondering if anyone has made a guide/you know of one that gives a briefing of the basics of adding an add-on to your Xenforo forum?

Regards.

Taking over for some absent administrators on my site and I don't entirely understand how to get the add-on working on my forum. I downloaded the zip file already and was wondering if anyone has made a guide/you know of one that gives a briefing of the basics of adding an add-on to your Xenforo forum?

You can read up on that in the XF1 manual,

Edit: Ooops, ninja'd.

Yup :)

Gave that a read as well as learned we have an add-on manager. Tried to follow the steps there and install the ZIP but keep getting this error. Would you happen to know if this is an error with the add-on?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom