[#] Thumbnails [Deleted]

I havent confirmed with waidago as I am waiting for his reply.

But I believe this mod sets the field to select a thread thumbnail no matter what in every single new thread created. Although a thumbnail doesnt have to be used, I think there should be an option to disable this field completley per user group

I havent confirmed with waidago as I am waiting for his reply.

But I believe this mod sets the field to select a thread thumbnail no matter what in every single new thread created. Although a thumbnail doesnt have to be used, I think there should be an option to disable this field completley per user group

I have not tested this yet, but it should only appear if the option to manually enter a thumbnail url is selected for a particular user, user group and/or node. If this is not the case, then this is a bug.

I have not tested this yet, but it should only appear if the option to manually enter a thumbnail url is selected for a particular user, user group and/or node. If this is not the case, then this is a bug.
Ah I see. I believe it is a bug as I have thumbnails disabled on a user group and forum and the option still shows up. I cant remember if I tested it, but I believe I did and they were able to set a thread thumbnail also

Waindigo updated Thread Thumbnails by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.3 released

Bug fixed:
  • Text box to manually enter Thread Thumbnails URL no longer appears when creating a thread if forum is set not to show Thread Thumbnails.
Other changes:
  • Directory structure has changed from library/Waindigo/ThreadThumbs tolibrary/Waindigo/ThreadThumbnails to provide consistency with the add-on id (Waindigo_ThreadThumbnails), which cannot be easily changed. Users may...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When I set not to show Thread Thumbnails in the users permission I still see the Enter url text. Please could you help me? I don't want to show this form never but show the first attachment in some forums.

thank you for this addon! it's really useful.

When I set not to show Thread Thumbnails in the users permission I still see the Enter url text. Please could you help me? I don't want to show this form never but show the first attachment in some forums.

thank you for this addon! it's really useful.
This should be fixed now. Can you check that you have the options set properly?

In the Options area, you need to enable permissions as follows:
thumboptions.webp

Also, if you never want to show the enter URL, then you can set this also and shouldn't be using user permissions for this. For example, as follows:

thumboptions2.webp

Note that the first row is not selected at all. This can also be set on a per-node basis by going into the node edit screen in the Admin CP and clicking the Thread Thumbnails tab.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. I tried that but the first option is selected and I can't remove that selection... I have to choose between 1st, 2nd, 3rt, 4th

I'm using version 1.2.3; I have tested it in Iceweasel (Firefox) 3.5.16 and Chromium 6.0.472.63 (59945

Thank you. I tried that but the first option is selected and I can't remove that selection... I have to choose between 1st, 2nd, 3rt, 4th

I'm using version 1.2.3; I have tested it in Iceweasel (Firefox) 3.5.16 and Chromium 6.0.472.63 (59945
Sorry, I am a commercial developer and cannot provide free support for older browsers, particularly for features that are viewable by an administrator only. Please make the change using another browser or computer, or contact me by private conversation if you would like paid support.

I have tested it in another computer with these browsers: Firefox 12, chrome 18.0.1025.168 m and I have the same problem. I can't remove that selection.

What's the price for a license?

I have tested it in another computer with these browsers: Firefox 12, chrome 18.0.1025.168 m and I have the same problem. I can't remove that selection.

What's the price for a license?
Sorry, I assumed it was a browser problem. To remove the selection, you just need to select another option. For example, you can only have one selection under each column, so selecting "First Attachment" as "1st" will remove the "1st" selection for all other rows. Have you tried this?

The commercial support that I was referring to was the cost that would be involved in my downloading a copy of an older browser and making adjustments to the code to make it work with the older browser. Since this is not the case, you do not require commercial support.

If you are interested in buying a licence for using the site on a commercial site, please send me a private conversation.

I have tried in the latest Chrome and it doesn't work. I can set all options to First post.

select.webp

I'm not interested in a license for now since I haven't found sponsors for my site and I'm losing a considerable amount of money from it. Can you say me the price anyway to consider it?

I tried this in my father's computer with Windows.

I also tried it in chromium / iceweasel Debian GNU/Linux with the same results.

Can you confirm that you have uploaded all of the files (including those in the "js" directory)? For some reason it looks like the javascript is not loading.

Can you confirm that you have uploaded all of the files (including those in the "js" directory)? For some reason it looks like the javascript is not loading.
I don't see any js directory in the zipfile. I have downloaded it again and I can't see this, only library.

Waindigo updated Thread Thumbnails by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.4 released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed javascript errors for new installs due to missing javascript files (see below).

Other changes:
  • Directory structure has changed from js/waindigo/threadthumbs to js/waindigo/threadthumbnails to provide consistency with the add-on id (Waindigo_ThreadThumbnails), which cannot be easily changed. Users may delete thejs/waindigo/threadthumbs...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Really nice add-on! :) Would it be possible to keep the ratio of the image in the thumbnail? I love the idea of this add-on, but I'm not in love with squeezed images. And, how about an option to use this in the Recent Threads view too? I know that's where almost everyone on my forum is looking most of the time, not in the forums.

Top Bottom