Resource icon

Thread Ratings 1.2.1.7

No permission to download
Thread is here, author rate it's own thread.

Nvm, I'm sorry I have to remove this addon, it cause me problems :(

Yeah, stumped as to why, but seems him using this add-on crashed MySQL early this morning.
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear the addon is causing you trouble. Can you be more specific please? I would like to fix whatever problem you've found.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear the addon is causing you trouble. Can you be more specific please? I would like to fix whatever problem you've found.

Not sure really as there is nothing in the logs but Roldan started having MySQL issues right after he installed it and never had them before. We basically isolated to this addon as nothing else new was installed and it's a new server and he's the only client on it so far.

Well works supper awesome no error on my site. i got a suggestion could you make it to work with xenporta recent thread ?

Suggestion @JulianD
Would it be possible to add user trophies criteria ? Like congratulation you've rated x amount of thread.
Other would be that it shows in xenporta recent thread. Thanks Love this addon for my movie site it rocks :P

@RoldanLT suggested that I should include rich snippets microdata into the addon, to allow Google display the thread ratings in search results. It is technically possible but after further investigation, the review Microdata is only applicable to service and products, not discussions: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/146645

I guess it's not going to happen since it can negatively affect your rankings. If there's any other rich snippet that could be used to display the thread's rating, let me know.
Hi can you please include this or create a separate addon so that we can rate review threads as service or products?

For instance, if it had node permissions then we could review just threads in a review subforum.

Hi can you please include this or create a separate addon so that we can rate review threads as service or products?

For instance, if it had node permissions then we could review just threads in a review subforum.
Or maybe just add on/off option for microdata in certain forum.

Thanks for the quick fix @JulianD
I have one thing to report, one of my Forum user's reported this.
He can rate his own thread.

Thank you for reporting this. Unfortunately I've been unable to reproduce it on my test board. It might be an addon you've got installed or something else specific to your forum.

I've heard you had MySQL problems as well. If you want my help fixing those problems, let me know. I'll do everything I can to resolve the issues and release an updated version as soon as possible.

Overkill feature already, my own opinion.
Well, the use case I have in mind would be to set the thread rating as the default sorting field for specific forums. This could be used in product review or recipe sections of a board, so that the best liked products or recipes are displayed first. But maybe it would be confusing to users ...? Just an idea, anyway.

Reactions: rdn
Thanks again @JulianD

If anyone is looking for custom addon development, I'd recommend Julian. He was easy to communicate with and was able to provide everything I asked for.

Top Bottom