Thinking of Moving from vBulletin to XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaury

Hello!

So moving to XenForo was brought up once before, but ended up being rejected. However, I like XenForo about as much as vBulletin now and therefore think it might be nice to move just for something different.

Right now, this is not a definite, just a thought, mostly because I need to see if our owner can afford a license, but I brought up the idea of moving KH-Flare, which is on vBulletin 4.2.2 at the moment, to XenForo, which I'm awaiting feedback from the owner and our other staff, and I've got some questions:

1. There is now an official vBulletin to XenForo importer. Does this come with the software or is it a separate fee?
  2. Can we opt out from importing friends / contacts? When @mistypants moved KH-Vids from vBulletin to XenForo in August 2012, some friends imported as followers while others imported as following, which became quite confusing. We don't have a big member base, so I'd rather just go around and follow who I was friends with before.
  3. Following the above, we'd rather have a professional do the import to make sure nothing is lost (threads, posts, groups, group posts, etc.). Who would you guys suggest from a third-party service?
  4. How long would it take to set up XenForo and import our data, which can be seen on the Forum Statistics sidebar block in the the KH-Flare hyperlink above. However, if you don't feel like looking for the statistics, we have 1,320 threads, 10,514 posts and 88 members plus all the group posts, although I'm not sure if those are counted.
  5. How are private and visitor messages imported?
These are all the questions I can think of at the moment.

In which case then you will need a license for each one as they are separate sites, with separate databases.

k well Unplugged is already Licensed but if The Prism Spectrum needs to be licenced the I will just uninstall that one because I can only afford one license today.=/ thus the prism spectrum is not being worked on atm so I have no need for it at this time, thus I just purchased a lisence for kh-flare so that has be done already.=)

You have actually been in breach of the license terms if you have been running both of those sites with only one license.

As you say, the best thing to do is remove it from The Prism Spectrum and you can create that site once you purchase a third license.

You have actually been in breach of the license terms if you have been running both of those sites with only one license.

As you say, the best thing to do is remove it from The Prism Spectrum and you can create that site once you purchase a third license.

Yeah sorry bout that, at the time I wasn't aware of those terms, I promise it won't happen again.=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom