XF 2.1 Moving from vbulletin to xenforo

Hey guys

Been a long time user of vbulletin and just starting to switch to xenforo

I have done a test import into a new dir on my server and it has all come in ok. I followed the instuctions here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/ and made a database backup before I imported. Just checked the xenforo docs now and that says to backup the data and internal_data folders too. I haven't done this, will this cause an issue if I want to bring the import in again? Also if not is it just a case of deleting the database in phpmyadmin and then importing again?

And another quick one if I may - these imports bring in users, posts forums etc is that right. If I crack on and edit templates install plugins etc then import again after this is the correct way to do it?

If you are doing another import, empty the data and internal_data directories of any attachments and avatars which were imported.

As the guide you linked to explains:

Once installed, configure the software as required; whether that be importing a style or creating your own, installing any add-ons, setting the options in the ACP, configuring permissions, etc.

The next step is the most important; using phpMyAdmin or similar, take a backup of the XF database.
This backup will then be the clean master database, which can be used over and over again until you're ready to do the import for the final time.

Top Bottom