The Ladies' Lounge

Ahaha! (@ Broagn - and hi Nix)

I bet I lived not too far from you Dragonfly, once upon a time, for about six months: Coogee Beach outside of Sydney. (I think Coogee - or Coogi? I might have the spelling confused with the sweater.) Beautiful place, and I was so close to the ocean that all things aluminum would turn black. Took me awhile to realize that the minimart wasn't just selling ancient cans of stuff - it was the salt.

Hehehe cool beans! Coogee hey :D That is more on the South Side of the city, I grew up on the North side, but yeah Coogee is a very cool place these days, home away from home for quite a few stars ;) What were you doing in Australia?

I'm trying to design elements for a collab kit for next month. My muse went missing for a couple of months and she finally came back and I was super busy yesterday. Most of the designers in my store put together mini kits into one big one for customers to get as a freebie when they purchase a certain amount of product. It's a great advertising method but one that is a lot of work, since all our products have to be original.

Kim, I avoid most housework. I have severe back issues so we have a cleaning service come in every other week.

And we have to run to the grocery store today for a few things.

Ok.. what is a collab kit?

Dang about the back :( sorry to hear it, but hey, no housework.. there's a silver lining! :D

I do that most days, not very good at buying a weeks worth, or planning meals days ahead, I like to be blown where my fancy takes me, so that usually means at some point each day I have to go and buy the fresh part of what I feel like :D

I was traveling with someone who worked for a dot com setting up offices. But the service apartment itself was not even remotely luxurious - except for its location. I was horrified when I walked into it... until I looked out the window. Everywhere you looked: ocean. It was one of the best places I have ever had the luck to live in for awhile.

I Shall follow everyone that posts in this thread.

Well then, I'll follow you. (I did that to a mild case of stalkering once... I mean, in real life. I just turned around and followed him all over the neighborhood, until it freaked him out enough that he begged me to stop.)

I was traveling with someone who worked for a dot com setting up offices. But the service apartment itself was not even remotely luxurious - except for its location. I was horrified when I walked into it... until I looked out the window. Everywhere you looked: ocean. It was one of the best places I have ever had the luck to live in for awhile.

Ahhh well shame the accommodation was not so hot, but hey with a view like that it makes it bearable I guess!!! My only memories of Coogee were nights out at the Coogee Bay Hotel to see bands in my misspent younger days lol, never went there to the beach, there were closer beaches near where I lived. :) Actually not sure I have ever been there during the day heehehehe

Oh yeah, believe me once I looked out the window I didn't give a flying damn about the apartment itself, it could have been a Motel 6 in hell and it wouldn't have mattered - not with that closeup view of the ocean.

Ok.. what is a collab kit?

I do that most days, not very good at buying a weeks worth, or planning meals days ahead, I like to be blown where my fancy takes me, so that usually means at some point each day I have to go and buy the fresh part of what I feel like :D
Okay, a collab kit:
First off, a kit: in digital scrapbooking, a kit is typically made up of papers and elements that can be used on the computer (or printed out) in scrapbooking layouts. Digital does better in computer world but our quality is such that it can be used in the print media.

A collab is a combination of many kits put together by designers. We all decide on a common color/type theme and  then we each make a mini kit, send them to the person putting it all together and that person puts it all in one big preview and in one or more zip file. 

Now, the differences in kit sizes:
A typical kit is usually 10-12 papers and 25-40 elements, not including an alpha and maybe quickpages.
A mega kit usually has 25 or more papers, upwards of 80 - 100+ elements an alpha or two and 2 or more quick pages.
A mini kit usually has 5-6 pages, 5-12 elements and that is about it.

What is a quickpage I can hear you ask? A quickpage is a page already put together so that all someone does is put their own photos in the holes.

Examples of some standard kits:
Thanksgiving Scrap Kit 
Autumn

This one borders onto mega kit size:
Autumn Splendor

MiniKits:
Shell Beach Mini

Quickpage:
Halloween Layout Page

We also refer to a collab as a Grab Bag. We do those once a month unless we do a full collab. My store does only one required collab a year on our anniversary but we decided to do one for October as well.

Now have I confused you completely? 

Some interesting stats for you:

Total users of each gender:
Code:
mysql> SELECT COUNT(user_id) AS total_users, gender
FROM xf_user GROUP BY gender;
+-------------+--------+
| total_users | gender |
+-------------+--------+
|         226 |        |
|        1751 | male   |
|          99 | female |
+-------------+--------+
Total users of each gender, who have actually made a post:
Code:
mysql> SELECT COUNT(user_id) AS total_users, gender
FROM xf_user WHERE message_count > 0 GROUP BY gender;
+-------------+--------+
| total_users | gender |
+-------------+--------+
|          90 |        |
|         881 | male   |
|          56 | female |
+-------------+--------+
Total messages posted by each gender:
Code:
mysql> SELECT SUM(message_count) AS total_messages, gender
FROM xf_user GROUP BY gender;
+----------------+--------+
| total_messages | gender |
|           2608 |        |
|          47787 | male   |
|           5365 | female |
Average messages posted by people of each gender, limited to those who have posted at least once:
Code:
mysql> SELECT COUNT(user_id) AS total_users, gender,
SUM(message_count) / COUNT(user_id)  AS average_messages
FROM xf_user WHERE message_count > 0 GROUP BY gender;
+-------------+------------------+--------+
| total_users | average_messages | gender |
|          90 |          28.9778 |        |
|         881 |          54.2418 | male   |
|          56 |          95.8214 | female |
So in summary, you ladies are in the minority in terms of registered members, but you tend to post twice as much as your male counterparts, and more than three times as much as the gender-confused people :)

Now have I confused you completely?

Kinda :p hehehee

No, that was a very comprehensive introduction to Collab Kits! :D Thanks I have learnt something today, and that's always good! I have several customers with scrapbook sites, I must admit to knowing very little about it other than I have seen some very cute layouts :) Yours look great! It is not something I have ever done myself, lack of time really.

Thanks for the enlightenment Liz! :)

Hey, what's with the peepers?! lol

Hi Nix! I suppose you Aussies are tucked in bed while I'm just getting going on my day. We're currently remodeling our kitchen, so today will consist of more pulling off old plaster and lathe and destroying 50 year old disgusting cabinetry. Bonzai!

So in summary, you ladies are in the minority in terms of registered members, but you tend to post twice as much as your male counterparts, and more than three times as much as the gender-confused people :)

What can we say.... girls really do like to chat!

Hey, what's with the peepers?! lol

Hi Nix! I suppose you Aussies are tucked in bed while I'm just getting going on my day.

Well this Aussie is off to bed anyway! Night everyone, enjoy your days, especially enjoy the demolition Susan
evil.gif

Post twice as much?
AND YOU WONDER WHY I CHANGED MY AVATAR TO A GIRL!

(looks at his postcount)

Because we like to talk. Whereas our male counterparts tend to clam up. :)

Top Bottom