• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

The Happy Place - Clickable Smilies Under Editor Control

What it actually does is open the dropdown on the main editor window but the overlay mask only allows the smilies which aren't covered by it to be selected.

Not sure how easy a fix it's going to be to get that working...

What it actually does is open the dropdown on the main editor window but the overlay mask only allows the smilies which aren't covered by it to be selected.

I really think we need that smilies under text area implemented to the core so that the wonderful edit function doesn't resort in us using the dropdown menu of death. I expected it not to work, I just loathe that dropdown and it really affects my site when smilies are what I'm providing.

If i try to open the dropdown from the overlay and finish editing my post then try to open the smilie dropdown from the Quick Reply i get my smilies doubled and tripled..
Capture_01132011_132716.webp
Just Reporting my findings on Beta6
Edit: at least we can see what it looks with with tons of different sizes and shapes even if they are just repeating.
---------
Edit: Refreshing the page seems to bring things back around.
Capture_01132011_133513.webp

By anychance Paul are you missing the editor_quick_reply template?

That one's OK but there are a couple of outdated ones I need to deal with.
I'll be looking at it later to see what the final state of play is.

Edit: Apparently I was looking at the wrong build, that template no longer exists in Beta 6.

A word of warning the editor_quick_reply template was dropped in beta6 inducing some undesirable affects which this add-on relied on.

Ill probably drop this for the short term, for now the new default smiley drop-down is much better then it was and works just fine for me for the time being.

I dont want to give the impression that i dont like this plugin because i really do, and im excited to see it mature.

If someone wants to get in touch we can look into a workaround now that the editor_quick_reply template is no more.

If someone wants to get in touch we can look into a workaround now that the editor_quick_reply template is no more.

In my default style that file is indeed gone, its still showing as a template in my custom style though?

In my default style that file is indeed gone, its still showing as a template in my custom style though?
If you have a customised version of that template, we won't delete it as part of the upgrade process. It won't be used by the quick reply editor though, due to the non-standard way the editor templates have to be called.

If i try to open the dropdown from the overlay and finish editing my post then try to open the smilie dropdown from the Quick Reply i get my smilies doubled and tripled..
View attachment 9143
Just Reporting my findings on Beta6
Edit: at least we can see what it looks with with tons of different sizes and shapes even if they are just repeating.
---------
Edit: Refreshing the page seems to bring things back around.
View attachment 9145
You will get a new set of smilies being displayed in the quick reply area every time you open the pop-up editor for a different post. Load a thread with three posts, open each of them in the pop-up editor, then look at the smilies area under the quick reply box. You'll see four sets of smilies.

The reason for this is that happyplace uses unique IDs to identify elements in its templates, which means that when there are multiple editors open, the Javascript doesn't know which element to talk to.

The solution is to add a unique identifier to each ID so that each editor instance is different. Take a look at the editor template in XenForo and you'll see that ID fields are made unique using the {$editorId} variable, which is different per editor. The happyplace should be able to implement the same thing to fix the problem.

Top Bottom