The first addon for XenForo ?

For you, Which would be the first addon for XenForo ?

• Gallery

Votes: 192 49.9%
  • Download system

Votes: 60 15.6%
  • Blog

Votes: 69 17.9%
  • CMS

Votes: 186 48.3%
  • Other, please comments

Votes: 36 9.4%

• Total voters
I vote for Gallery as first...
With...
Mass picture uploader (i.e. SWFUploader or similar)

http://www.plupload.com/
Is much better IMO. It allows resizing of images on the users machine (though that depends on browser and capabilities enabled), and has a slew of configurability options, a very reasonable commercial license, and is made/maintained by moxiecode, the same folks that do tinymce.

It also very jQuery friendly ;).

No major addons until the current features are stable and released to the public and not at least until a couple of versions down the line.
We all know that much. This is what we'd like to see first after that point in time. ;)

Portal 100%, once XenForo is available I am planning to begin porting my alpha portal from vB to XenForo then moving to beta testing of it using licensed individuals of XenForo.

Do you mean official XF addon or third party addon? If the former, I am guessing a CMS system.

In the case of the later, some small trivial modification so the author can get bragging rights for having the first XF mod. :p

I voted other. I dont like forum systems that use any of those things. A forum is a forum, a cms is a cms.

I disagree, respectfully.

That kind of thinking is, indeed, dangerous.

Web is developing, faster and faster. If you can't adjust and have flexible app. to go with the flow, you become obsolute.

Forum (message board only) itself is getting obsolute without interactive way of communication, that is, galleries, cms, videos, socializing mods and so on.

I can't imagine, that in time of facebook, youtube, twitter, second life..., only text message boards will last long.

Even Google and Facebook are developing with new applications. Fb is going after emails, Google after social aspects, documents, groups...

Portal with solid forum, CMS, gallery and blogs, and some additional mods is a must.

Old, well developed communities with milions of posts won't have problems on short terms, but starting and getting to success new projects with just message boards will be harder and harder in the time of interactive web.

I would love to see an e-commerce product...something that helps us all monetize our sites like IP.Nexus from IPB is going to do for that platform.
Agreed.

I believe that PixelFX is planning to code XFCommerce (store/market) for XenForo. vBCommerce has been highly successful.

hi,

i must have a cms system. our sites have all more then 10.000 articles in the cms or in vb dynamics. without a cms, i have a lot of problems, if i switch to xf. i hope i find a way, that i not lose all my articles.

hi,

i must have a cms system. our sites have all more then 10.000 articles in the cms or in vb dynamics. without a cms, i have a lot of problems, if i switch to xf. i hope i find a way, that i not lose all my articles.
I currently run vb 4 series, the suite. TRIED everything I knew to make the cms work. Didn't care about the blog but I wanted that cms to work. I now have a cms but I ended up using vbAdvanced because I simply could not get the one built in to cooperate. Brian's version works and works well and while it is a plug in and not built in, if you look at the plugin list of a vb 4 series, the cms is listed as a plugin.

So as long as we get one developed as a mod, why hold up the release of XF just for a cms. And from what I saw in Brian's signature, he won't be long from developing a xfadvanced. I wouldn't be surprised to see one within a month or two of his getting his hands on the code. Liz

Agreed.

I believe that PixelFX is planning to code XFCommerce (store/market) for XenForo. vBCommerce has been highly successful.
An scommerce product that handles downloads would also have to be capable of handling multiple digital downloads (up to 12 zip files and some exceeding 60 kb), would also be configurable to allow for stores within a store, handle paypal, handle "free credit card shopping", handle payroll, allow for well over 5000 products, handle coupons/credits/buy one get one/etc for me to consider switching from my already painfully overmodded zen cart that I finally have beaten into submission.

Liz

I currently run vb 4 series, the suite. TRIED everything I knew to make the cms work. Didn't care about the blog but I wanted that cms to work. I now have a cms but I ended up using vbAdvanced because I simply could not get the one built in to cooperate. Brian's version works and works well and while it is a plug in and not built in, if you look at the plugin list of a vb 4 series, the cms is listed as a plugin.

So as long as we get one developed as a mod, why hold up the release of XF just for a cms. And from what I saw in Brian's signature, he won't be long from developing a xfadvanced. I wouldn't be surprised to see one within a month or two of his getting his hands on the code. Liz
Slightly off-topic but XenAdvanced sounds much better :P

Completely agree with this post, vbAdvanced actually works a lot better than the integrated CMS that the vB4 series currently has and I am sure that a CMS solution will be released as a third-party modification sooner than you'd expect :D

Top Bottom