[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

There is one thing about this mod that confuses me, how are the groups listed inside one category? In what filters is the group listing order set? I want something to the groups recently active to be at the top list, what makes sense but it looks it doesn't works that way, so i'm asking. :)

Okay, i hope something for that happens in the future, at least let the ones who got recently updated get at the top for new groups still have some capability to get saw in the middle of many. I just noticed they're by alphabetical order now :)

Heya there, i'm trying to display your sidebar recent groups using bd widget framework, i refer the template in the block EWRblock_Waindigo_NewSocialForums
The block shows up, but none of the content that is supposed to, in this case only a message "This user is not a member of any social forums."

How to make it work?

Heya there, i'm trying to display your sidebar recent groups using bd widget framework, i refer the template in the block EWRblock_Waindigo_NewSocialForums
The block shows up, but none of the content that is supposed to, in this case only a message "This user is not a member of any social forums."

How to make it work?
The included sidebar block is for XenPorta, not Widget Framework.

The included sidebar block is for XenPorta, not Widget Framework.
Okay then, in the Trophy progress i tried the same thing, using the template with the framework to be able to change its position, but no good, my hopes to put this things working with the templates disappeared. :(

Sorry. We will probably introduce our own sidebar module add-on in future, which we will then use for all of our add-ons.

On the tab on a members user profile...the title of the latest thread in the group is showing to all members instead of just the members of that social forum. Is there a way to make it say "private" here unless they are a member of the social forum?

On the tab on a members user profile...the title of the latest thread in the group is showing to all members instead of just the members of that social forum. Is there a way to make it say "private" here unless they are a member of the social forum?
You will need to revoke the view thread permission from the social category for registered users.

Just wanted you to know the massive issue with this add-on, thought it might be interesting. Users can move threads and posts to forums outside of the social forum and into actual forums and threads.

It's not an issue for me but I'd look into fixing this ASAP. A forum I regular was turned off because of this. Looks like your going to have to change permissions for moderators to solely the Social Forum category. It's quite the little bugger of a nuisance.

This is not an issue with this add-on. Administrators can set whatever permissions they want. If administrators choose to give users the permission to move threads, then that is up to them.

This is not an issue with this add-on. Administrators can set whatever permissions they want. If administrators choose to give users the permission to move threads, then that is up to them.

Well, there's no option for narrowing down those permission to solely Social Forums. Currently it gives them access to move it to any forum on the boards. I'm just saying it'd be nice to have that confined to only the Forums you own/moderate.

Was checking on a forum I help out sometimes with and noticed this in the system error log
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: social_forum_id - library/Waindigo/SocialUserGroups/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:16
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 1:56 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/asknavy.com/public/library/Waindigo/SocialUserGroups/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(16): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 16, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/asknavy.com/public/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(17): Waindigo_SocialUserGroups_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->_overrideSocialForumStyle(Array)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/asknavy.com/public/library/XenForo/Controller.php(359): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->_postDispatch(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect), 'XenForo_Control...', 'Index')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/asknavy.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(344): XenForo_Controller->postDispatch(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect), 'XenForo_Control...', 'Index')
#4 /home/nginx/domains/asknavy.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/nginx/domains/asknavy.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "http://www.asknavy.com/threads/media-ldo-ceremony.63/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/media-ldo-ceremony_63/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

There were several of them in the log file. Any ideas?

I'm sorry but I can't find how to not approve a user.

And as the creator I see one list of members. Who have of who haven't been accepted. It's not easy to find the ones I need to approve.

it may be the problem that Social Forum Moderators , Social Forum Members and Awaiting Approval all have the same link.

it may be the problem that Social Forum Moderators , Social Forum Members and Awaiting Approval all have the same link.
Social Groups are really designed for small groups. I can see how it would be a problem if you have lots of members.

That will be a problem then... I have groups with hundreds of members.
That is not to say that they couldn't be modified to work better for large groups, just that they work better with smaller groups at the moment.

If XenForo.com allows this now, then could you please add a FAQ tab to this RM entry and include instructions how to import from vb3 groups. I can't find the instructions in this thread.
That is not to say that they couldn't be modified to work better for large groups, just that they work better with smaller groups at the moment.
My largest group has over 1100 members.
I would like an automatic invitation function to invite each of my 200.000 members to the groups of their interest. (based upon user criteria: profile fields and node posting preference)

Last edited:
Top Bottom