[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

Does this autoinstaller make allowances for those of us using ZendOpcache? As I understand it, this requires either wating at least 60 seconds after uploading before running the XML files or "invalidating the opcache files" when installing or upgrading.

Error
The existing data required by the data writer could not be found.

This is when FTP upload the files and XML import.

I installed 1.4.13 Patch 1

When I try to upgrade xenForo I get the following error:
Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.

I am also getting the same error.... seems it is not possible to upgrade xenforo with this mod until it is fixed.
I'm also having errors upgrade other mods that ordinarily upgrade fine with the installer.

Getting this error when I attempt to upgrade to 1.5.4_874546D541

''Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read."

My name and password were correct. Seems as though add on is having numerous ongoing issues?

If you all are polite enough, this may get fixed one day. Perhaps...

Actually, support is not guaranteed and we reserve the right to not support anyone, especially those who are not playing nice. The cost of the product is for the product, NOT support. We offer support as a courtesy, a similar policy to XenForo. They reserve the right to deny people access to their forum if they are abusing the system. Just letting you know.

I've used Audentio/ThemeHouse themes and support for a while now, and they've always been great about support and getting things fixed. They just took on a large number of new add-ons (this one included) and are probably still getting things sorted out.

I have confidence they're aware of the situation and working on it. :)

I installed 1.4.13 Patch 1, or at least I was able to upload the files to my server and click upgrade add-on in the ACP. Now this add-on no longer appears in my list of add-ons, and it gives me a server error when I try to reinstall using the XML file.

ErrorException: Undefined index: upload_file - library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php:181
Generated By: Wes, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/XXX/stararmy/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(181): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/XXX...', 181, Array)
#1 /home/XXX/stararmy/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()
#2 /home/XXX/stararmy/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/XXX/stararmy/forum/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(60) "http://stararmy.com/forum/admin.php?add-ons/install"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/install"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["server_file"] => string(0) ""
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

I am not sure what to do. I would uninstall the add-on, but it's not listed.

Update: I tried uploading the files for 1.4.13 (no patch) but when I try to upload the XML file, I get this message:

I need help. I cannot upload, install, or upgrade any add-ons right now.

Last edited:
I installed 1.4.13 Patch 1, or at least I was able to upload the files to my server and click upgrade add-on in the ACP. Now this add-on no longer appears in my list of add-ons, and it gives me a server error when I try to reinstall using the XML file.

ErrorException: Undefined index: upload_file - library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php:181
Generated By: Wes, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/XXX/stararmy/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(181): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/XXX...', 181, Array)
#1 /home/XXX/stararmy/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()
#2 /home/XXX/stararmy/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/XXX/stararmy/forum/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(60) "http://stararmy.com/forum/admin.php?add-ons/install"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/install"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["server_file"] => string(0) ""
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

I am not sure what to do. I would uninstall the add-on, but it's not listed.

Update: I tried uploading the files for 1.4.13 (no patch) but when I try to upload the XML file, I get this message:

I need help. I cannot upload, install, or upgrade any add-ons right now.

Try "Rebuild Add-on Caches"

The "Rebuild Add-on Caches" page is gone for me. It shows up in the admin panel search but when I go to it, it says: The requested page could not be found.

Update: Tried disabling and enabling all add-ons but that didn't help. I can still see the TH Install and Upgrade items in the admin search but when I try to visit them it says the add-on is disabled.

Update: Tried to rebuild xenforo but got a message saying "Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read."

Update: Tried this but it didn't work. https://xenforo.com/help/disable-addons-config-php/

Last edited:
Edit: I got it to install, finally. Still not entirely sure what went wrong...

Anyway, I'm still having the same issue as the poster above, where we can't install anything because when we enter the add-on's URL it says "Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read."

Last edited:
I can't install add-ons anymore even with the usual method of doing it manually because after I uninstalled this add-on it's been causing some serious issues on my installation.

Top Bottom