[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

I created a mandatory custom thread field, tested it out and it worked fine. I then went to update the description of the field and this field was no longer mandatory. I went to the node and the Required Fields were no longer checked.
I'm struggling to replicate this issue. Can you think of anything else that you might have done that might have caused the required field box to become unchecked? Have you managed to replicate it yourself multiple times?

I'm struggling to replicate this issue. Can you think of anything else that you might have done that might have caused the required field box to become unchecked? Have you managed to replicate it yourself multiple times?

If I go to the node, under the thread fields tab, the required fields check boxes are un checked. If I check them all and save and go back to the node, the required fields remain un checked. This is on 1.2 Beta 4 with data imported from VB 3.8.

Ill install 1.2 RC 1 in a few days and test the addon on a clean install.

Looking forward to a custom fields-based reviews addon! I just love your add-ons, Waindigo!
Pretty much you should just be able to create this yourself (see here for example). If we ever launch a custom fields-based reviews add-on, it will just be a similar example of the sort of thing that would be possible. Thanks for your support!

Hmm, I am new to XenForo's template system. Will I be able to create a 'descriptive' initial post and have the user reviews appear different? Similar to how your book reviews is setup?

Hmm, I am new to XenForo's template system. Will I be able to create a 'descriptive' initial post and have the user reviews appear different? Similar to how your book reviews is setup?
Yup. I am going to create some guides and videos at some point, but upgrading everything to 1.2 has taken up a lot of my time and I now need to do some paid work for a bit. If they would be of help to you though, please do consider donating to the charity in my signature to show your support.

The additional fields are displaying below the WYSIWYG editor, how can i make them display between the thread title and the WYSIWYG editor? Also, is it possible to hide the WYSIWYG editor so the thread can only be submitted with the new fields?

I haven't tried using this addon for a while, has the above been implemented?

So this is pretty damn cool Waindigo.

I'm using the RM as a game database and review section. I'm trying to add twitter, facebook etc as external urls for the game developers. If I use a single line text box it works fine but it shows the text box title before the image. Which is how a textbox should work. Is there a better way to do this so just the linked images show up in a row with no text and not stacked?

Maybe ad an image link option for the field so it doesn't title it or stack them.

I haven't tried using this addon for a while, has the above been implemented?
Yes.
how to display a Field in portal.
Not supported.
This works for the resource manager?
Yup... I see you've figured this out.
So this is pretty damn cool Waindigo.

I'm using the RM as a game database and review section. I'm trying to add twitter, facebook etc as external urls for the game developers. If I use a single line text box it works fine but it shows the text box title before the image. Which is how a textbox should work. Is there a better way to do this so just the linked images show up in a row with no text and not stacked?

Maybe ad an image link option for the field so it doesn't title it or stack them.
This is something that I've noticed, but it starts getting a little complicated when you add loads of extra options to do stuff like this. Might I suggest trying to do it with CSS instead? Let me know if you need some extra classes adding.

Well I need to make it so the members can just add the link to the social site when they add a game to the database or do a review. I'll have to play with it.

Waindigo updated Custom Fields by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.0e released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixes bug that template and phrase caches are not being rebuilt when importing a custom field in XenForo 1.2.
  • Fixes bug that admin template cache is not being rebuilt after importing custom fields in XenForo 1.1.
  • Fixes bug that user fields cannot be overwritten when importing, instead producing an error that field IDs must be unique.
  • Fixes bug that PHP callback-based custom user fields not appearing correctly in registration form if that option is selected....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom