[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

IIRC you have mentioned that this addon is not suited for very large boards.At that time there was no RM.
Does the same apply to custom fields for the RM or would it be possible to use this addon to a accommodate a RM installation with tens of thousands of entries attached to a big board?
Shouldn't be a problem. Not sure that I ever said that about this add-on anyway.

The biggest problem, if anything, is that this add-on adds a column to the posts table on installation.

Is it possible to ask for a date? It would be nice to have a date-picker.

And can you make a custom field mandatory?

or I think you can even put:
HTML:
<xen:include template="rating">
<xen:set var="$rating">{$customFields.waindigo_custom_rating}</xen:set>
</xen:include>

This is placed in the header/footer of your post/library article by going to:
Admin CP -> Applications -> Node List -> SELECT NODE -> Thread/Post Fields
and pasting it in the box titled Header Template HTML or Footer Template HTML.

As Russ says, you can put literally any HTML in. So he put it all in a <div>, added borders and background colours etc. and floated it right.

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!! It WORKS! (y)(y)(y)
Exists little problem: when i create new thread = stars not appear in this menu:

Desktop_2013_04_04_18_24_59_026.webp

But IF I edit this thread after creation = stars appear in that menu:
Desktop_2013_04_04_18_28_52_211.webp

In what could be the problem?

Is it possible to ask for a date? It would be nice to have a date-picker.
I can create this as a resource if you would like, just like the star rating add-on.

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!! It WORKS! (y)(y)(y)
Exists little problem: when i create new thread = stars not appear in this menu:

View attachment 43610

But IF I edit this thread after creation = stars appear in that menu:
View attachment 43611

In what could be the problem?
Looks like a bug. I'll look into it.

I'm getting this error when I tried to edit my own post (no custom field has been set):

An exception occurred: Undefined index: customPostFields in /home/familymm/public_html/forums/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php on line 92

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php at line 92
Waindigo_CustomFields_Listener_TemplatePostRender->_postEdit()
call_user_func_array() in Waindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender/20130327.php at line 89
Waindigo_Listener_TemplatePostRender->_runTemplateCallback() in Waindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender/20130327.php at line 50
Waindigo_Listener_TemplatePostRender->run() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php at line 27
Waindigo_CustomFields_Listener_TemplatePostRender::templatePostRender()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 119
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nope/forums/index.php at line 13

In our node tree, if we use custom threads fields on a forum and include the appropriate information in the Header Template HTML (e.g ${customFields.our_custom_field}), everything works as expected.

If we use a custom thread field on a library, it correctly requires the user to fill in the information. When I try to retrieve that information in the Header Template HTML, I cannot seem to access it, in any way. The rest of the HTML markup shows up, just not anything involving $customFields. The closest I've come is looping over the information (<xen:foreach loop="${customFields}" value="{$fields}> .. ) I can tell there is an item available, but I can't seem to retrieve any information out of it.

For custom post fields with a library, the Header Template HTML, no HTML markup shows up whatsoever. I'm not sure if that's a bug or by design.

So it sounds like Libraries are not compatible with Custom Fields?

In addition to having the custom fields appear within the thread, would it be possible to have the custom fields appear when view a node's threads?

xf.webp

Getting this error when editing a thread. EDIT: appears the same error tyteen4a03 experienced.
Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: customPostFields in /home/corefree/public_html/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php on line 92

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php at line 92
Waindigo_CustomFields_Listener_TemplatePostRender->_postEdit()
call_user_func_array() in Waindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender/20130327.php at line 89
Waindigo_Listener_TemplatePostRender->_runTemplateCallback() in Waindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender/20130327.php at line 50
Waindigo_Listener_TemplatePostRender->run() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php at line 27
Waindigo_CustomFields_Listener_TemplatePostRender::templatePostRender()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 119
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/corefree/public_html/index.php at line 13

Got the following error when trying to edit an unapproved resource, using the latest version of all software, no custom fields setup:

Server Error

Undefined index: required_fields
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php at line 55
  2. Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource->_getResourceAddOrEditResponse() in XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php at line 375
  3. XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/oldrdev/public_html/index.php at line 13

Hi

${customFields.my_field} shows the Value of the choice field, how do I get it show the corresponding Text field?

Thanks
Sean

Hi

${customFields.my_field} shows the Value of the choice field, how do I get it show the corresponding Text field?

Thanks
Sean

To be clear, Sean is asking about the text field associated with pull down menus allowed in custom field options as seen in this image (Kier's example of custom user fields) - How do we access the "Flip Flops" - ie the text field associated with flipflops ID.

screen-shot-2011-10-04-at-17-26-22-png.19459

Another question, can I access the custom fields directly in the templates? for e.g. If I have some Thread Custom Fields and I want to display it directly in the first post of the post template, how do I do it?

I'm getting this error when I tried to edit my own post (no custom field has been set):

An exception occurred: Undefined index: customPostFields in /home/familymm/public_html/forums/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php on line 92
Getting this error when editing a thread. EDIT: appears the same error tyteen4a03 experienced.
Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: customPostFields in /home/corefree/public_html/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php on line 92
I have been unable to replicate this error. I think another add-on might be conflicting. Do you have any add-ons installed that might add other fields to the post/thread editing (i.e., tags, etc.).

In addition to having the custom fields appear within the thread, would it be possible to have the custom fields appear when view a node's threads?
This has been suggested before, but no-one has contributed to this yet.

Got the following error when trying to edit an unapproved resource, using the latest version of all software, no custom fields setup:
Could you try re-installing Custom Fields? I think this might happen if you install Resource Manager AFTER you install Custom Fields. I am trying to work out a way to get around this.

To be clear, Sean is asking about the text field associated with pull down menus allowed in custom field options as seen in this image (Kier's example of custom user fields) - How do we access the "Flip Flops" - ie the text field associated with flipflops ID.
This is not possible at present. You will need to create your own conditional statement to output the appropriate value in the header. This is something that we will add in future though.

What is the code syntax to use if i have setup Value Display HTML for my custom field?
This is not currently available.

Another question, can I access the custom fields directly in the templates? for e.g. If I have some Thread Custom Fields and I want to display it directly in the first post of the post template, how do I do it?
This is not currently available.

Top Bottom