Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

SO there is no more option to upload files to my server? It all appears to be routed to TT servers now. This feature is disabled in my tapatalk.com account but now members are seeing a 'forum owner has disabled image uproads'

Disappointing as we like to host everything posted.

Just installed last friday's update and now users are not able to get on the forum? They are getting the error that the addon-tapatalk.xml file is not imported. Tried reinstalling it but that did not solve the problem. Anyone got a solution for this or similar problems?

Just installed last friday's update and now users are not able to get on the forum? They are getting the error that the addon-tapatalk.xml file is not imported. Tried reinstalling it but that did not solve the problem. Anyone got a solution for this or similar problems?
Are you sure you've uploaded the files and folders to the correct place?
What's the exact error message you are getting?
Is this a new installation of Tapatalk or are you upgrading?

SO there is no more option to upload files to my server? It all appears to be routed to TT servers now. This feature is disabled in my tapatalk.com account but now members are seeing a 'forum owner has disabled image uproads'

Disappointing as we like to host everything posted.
I've got hosted attachments disabled, and members are still able to upload and post attachments.

To any forum owners who have Tapatalk installed, please be aware that Tapatalk removed the option to disable guest access in version 1.8.0 of the add-on but failed to inform us that they did this. This will likely be or particular interest to those of you who display advertising on your sites to guests.
Disgusting behaviour from Tapatalk and strongly contributing to an easy decision to remove it from my forum shortly.

I'm getting some mild pushback about removing Tapatalk from my forum, once the responsive design is finished and live. Arguments such as bandwidth requirements are lower, all forums they read being accessible from one app, etc. Some saying they would severely diminish, or even stop, their participation as a result of Tapatalk being removed. Interested in the feedback and result from others that have already removed it?

I had a bit of push back from some of the members, but I simply showed them the "stats" from TapaTalk showing that according them, I only had 4 people per day using it. Why should I have to support 4 people using a 3rd part app which puts their data at risk. They soon shut up.

If they want the information available via our site, they can access it the same way as the other 97% of users.

I've had a small number initially unhappy that I was proposing to remove Tapatalk. However, I explained the shenanigans that had gone on, the concerns over security, the deletion of my thread where I asked them a bunch of questions (and I quoted a copy of the post I made so they could see what I was asking wasn't unreasonable).

Even at the early stages of explaining things most people were understandable. Now I've given the full explanation, I've not had a complaint (yet).

I think one of the key ones to play on is the security issues with Tapatalk, which they failed to answer satisfactorily.

Looks like Tapatalk aren't updating the resource on here anymore, or they aren't in a rush. 1.9.0 was released on Friday at 11:17 AM

They have included a direct download link in the announcement post on their forum. None of the other announcements have a download link.

Wonder if that's why I've been getting more direct emails from them which I tend to junk without reading. They have been nagging me about another XF forum I have which isn't really used and is running an old TT version.

Upgraded to the latest Xenforo engine. Seems like the errors now gone. But after i updated the xenforo engine and tapatalk to the latest i get this error today

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot use object of type XenForo_Phrase as array - library/Tapatalk/ControllerPublic/Tapatalk.php:20
Generated By: Román Péter, Tegnap: 14:44
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(36) "http://akvakertesz.hu/online/?page=3"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["page"] => string(1) "3"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom