• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tapatalk Forum App for XenForo - Calling for Beta Testers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The map feature works well. One button that tracks the geo and places a static google map in your post message.
Recommendations: A static map is ok and a good start, but a generic Google (draggable, zoomable) one is a better angle. (y)

Working great on my forum, we used Tapatalk since it came out and now have both options running for my users. They are thrilled :D

Any Blackberry users out there can confirm all is well please?

One of my users is getting a:
"it downloaded. it is in the download folder, but it doesnt find anything, and anything you click gets you a
unexpected parseEvent type=8 test 'null' @-1:-1"

Update: Could be wrong version chosen by tester for the curve 8520...awaiting further details...

Any Blackberry users out there can confirm all is well please?

One of my users is getting a:

Update: Could be wrong version chosen by tester for the curve 8520...awaiting further details...
I have a Curve 8320 and I have the same error. I'm running Beta 11.
Browse by Category to select any forum results in that error.

Pretty useless on Blackberry for now.

We have been beta testing Forum Runner for the past few weeks and Tapatalk for few days. Here is feedback from one of my users who use a paid Android version for both.
-----------------------------------------------------------
My initial take/comparison:

Forum Runner:
1) LaTex works!
2) Compact/efficient look.
3)
  • When app is reopened, it reverts to the forum runner home screen.
  • Easy to quote and reply.
4) Images work fine, no other attachments can be uploaded/viewed

Taptalk:
1) No LaTex
2) Looks more sophisticated, but my initial reaction is that it is somewhat more difficult to navigate.
3)
  • Indicates (with the old green dot) who is online/offline.
  • Slightly better access to forum's account management (profile, who's online).
  • When app is reopened, it keeps the prior screen.
  • Has "view in browser" button.
4) Images work fine, no other attachments can be uploaded/viewed -- although there is a download button for .pdf's, they do no download.

As of now, the LaTex functionality for Forum Runner trumps the benefits of Tapatalk. And I do kind of like Forum Runner's interface better, but that may be because that is what I have been using for the past 2 weeks.

I would really appreciate screenshots from iPhone/Android users.
I can help you out with some iPhone ones. Because of the amount of functions available, can you specify or narrow down the main areas of interest?
It's just so I don't go making loads of them that are of no real use.

I can help you out with some iPhone ones. Because of the amount of functions available, can you specify or narrow down the main areas of interest?
It's just so I don't go making loads of them that are of no real use.
I'll send you a PC. I'm mostly interested in how "my forum" works since we have some specific requirement.

I've pushed a fix for non-image attachments such as .pdfs not working, as well as plugin-side support for [tex] BBCode (replaced with [img]). You will see these changes in the next beta.

Andy, I will need to make a few adjustments to your mathtex.cgi tomorrow, since it currently comes out as black-on-black on Android Tapatalk due to being a transparent gif.

How do both interact with each other? Is there any extra overhead to normal users (in running both)?

Tapatalk seems to be more familiar to most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom