TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

how can I disable the bbcode of taigachat. Because people put images in [ img] [/ img]

In the taigachat options set 'Image display mode' to 'Link'

To also disable other bbcodes, set 'BBCode parser level' to 'None'

how can I disable the bbcode of taigachat. Because people put images in [ img] [/ img]
Admin CP - Option - Taigachat Pro -
se5y.png

And is it possible to have two installations of this that are separate from each other? I want to create pay areas that have separate chats from each other. taigachat and taigachat2

I am creating a page for a livestream even where taiga chat will in a sidebar on the side. How do I just put the chat on the side to take up the unused width of the livestream?

http://forum.spiritcompany.com/pages/livestream/

You can do this with some basic css rules, but it's probably going to look very squished in that space

Code:
.pageNodeContent #taigachat_full { float: right; height: 340px; width: 170px; margin: 0; }
.pageNodeContent #taigachat_full > div { height: 283px; }
.pageNodeContent #taigachat_full.taigachat_alt #taigachat_box { width: 94%; }

You may need to adjust the widths/heights etc.

And also it would be better to use the sidebar shoutbox (use hook dark_taigachat not dark_taigachat_alt) as a base, to get a better layout for the buttons etc.

And is it possible to have two installations of this that are separate from each other? I want to create pay areas that have separate chats from each other. taigachat and taigachat2

Unfortunately not possible currently, though I will likely be adding it in an upcoming update due to the huge number of requests

You can do this with some basic css rules, but it's probably going to look very squished in that space

Code:
.pageNodeContent #taigachat_full { float: right; height: 340px; width: 170px; margin: 0; }
.pageNodeContent #taigachat_full > div { height: 283px; }
.pageNodeContent #taigachat_full.taigachat_alt #taigachat_box { width: 94%; }

You may need to adjust the widths/heights etc.

And also it would be better to use the sidebar shoutbox (use hook dark_taigachat not dark_taigachat_alt) as a base, to get a better layout for the buttons etc.

Unfortunately not possible currently, though I will likely be adding it in an upcoming update due to the huge number of requests

I tried adding the code straight to EXTRA.css and didnt make a difference. I probably need to understand exactly how it works. I did change to the non_alt one and it makes more sense to be on the side.

Hi,

I am on a shared hosting environment and my hoster does not allow chats and mentions scripts like "GT-Chat" on the other hand, they do allow shoutboxes. I am wondering, can the creator of the addon or the users here comment on server load? I'd love to use this, but I also don't want to spend the money having to remove it.

Thanks!

I tried adding the code straight to EXTRA.css and didnt make a difference. I probably need to understand exactly how it works. I did change to the non_alt one and it makes more sense to be on the side.

Try these rules but again you may need to adjust them a bit:

Code:
.pageNodeContent #taigachat_sidebar { float: right; height: 366px; width: 480px; margin: 0; }
.pageNodeContent #taigachat_sidebar > div { height: 296px; }

Hi,

I am on a shared hosting environment and my hoster does not allow chats and mentions scripts like "GT-Chat" on the other hand, they do allow shoutboxes. I am wondering, can the creator of the addon or the users here comment on server load? I'd love to use this, but I also don't want to spend the money having to remove it.

Thanks!

I'd be happy to offer a refund if your host requests that you remove taigachat. The server load should be pretty insignificant for any site small enough to fit on shared hosting.

Try these rules but again you may need to adjust them a bit:

Code:
.pageNodeContent #taigachat_sidebar { float: right; height: 366px; width: 480px; margin: 0; }
.pageNodeContent #taigachat_sidebar > div { height: 296px; }

I'd be happy to offer a refund if your host requests that you remove taigachat. The server load should be pretty insignificant for any site small enough to fit on shared hosting.

I'm sorry I don't know what I am doing wrong. I added the two lines to EXTRA.css and it looks the same. I am expecting it would be a smaller box and then I would work on positioning it?

I'm sorry I don't know what I am doing wrong. I added the two lines to EXTRA.css and it looks the same. I am expecting it would be a smaller box and then I would work on positioning it?

It's looking like you've changed it back to dark_taigachat_alt - those rules will only work on dark_taigachat (sidebar version)

It's looking like you've changed it back to dark_taigachat_alt - those rules will only work on dark_taigachat (sidebar version)

I did after I posted the message. I can change it back to troubleshoot. Was just trying out and learning. Switched it back to troubleshoot.

I did after I posted the message. I can change it back to troubleshoot. Was just trying out and learning. Switched it back to troubleshoot.

Sorry made a mistake with the selectors, try this:

#pageNodeContent #taigachat_sidebar { float: right; height: 366px; width: 480px; margin: 0; }
#pageNodeContent #taigachat_sidebar > div { height: 296px; }

Thanks Luke for the offer. We are currently working on a few things in this would be something to add maybe in a couple of weeks. If your offer is still valid then, I'll take you up on it.

#pageNodeContent #taigachat_sidebar > div { height: 296px !important; }

Still nothing with the chat part.

Here is what I have again:

Code:
#pageNodeContent #taigachat_sidebar { float: right; height: 326px; width: 400px; margin: 0; }
#pageNodeContent #taigachat_sidebar > div { height: 396px !important; }

And the way I am putting the chat onto the page is:

Code:
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat" />

Top Bottom