• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
xbh2.png

Okay, so I've done everything.

1. Upload contents of upload folder to forum root
  2. Install addon-TaigaChat.xml file
  3. Add the template include code to forum_list either above or below the sidebar_online_users include (whatever you feel looks best):
Nothing appears (it's listed in "Installed Add-ons" and that's all)

What am I missing?

(I suspect this has been covered before but I can't possibly read all 54 pages).

Set usergroup permissions and don't forget yourself (Admin permissions, if you're Admin) :)

I see it now, at the bottom.

Now that I've set permissions the shoutbox appears on the forum, but it doesn't work.

I'll play around with it.

Thanks for your help.:)

Nope, can't figure it out. I still can't post. I'm scanning the pages to see if this problem has been addressed before. Am currently on page 11. Only 43 pages to go :eek: (Wish there was search for the threads).

taigachat.webp

I've sent it in a message.

Seems you have got that weird issue Brogan had the other day - try reinstalling the latest version of TaigaChat and if it still doesn't work, try reverting the dark_taigachat_chatbox in your style even if it doesn't appear to need it.

Seems you have got that weird issue Brogan had the other day - try reinstalling the latest version of TaigaChat and if it still doesn't work, try reverting the dark_taigachat_chatbox in your style even if it doesn't appear to need it.

Okay. I'll try that.

I'm no expert but, I was putting the code in the wrong template style, have you checked your other styles to see if there are changes?

Love the new update!

Just a question, will the archive to thread work if the thread you want it to go in is locked??

Just testing the latest release (0.5.3) and it takes a significantly longer time after pressing enter for the message to be posted.

The current version (0.4.3) takes around 0.5 second, this new version takes over 2 (on my localhost).

Is that by design?
Presumably it's related to the duplicate message fix?
How easy is it remove all of that code as we never really had an issue with it and the performance was much better without it.

Just testing the latest release (0.5.3) and it takes a significantly longer time after pressing enter for the message to be posted.

The current version (0.4.3) takes around 0.5 second, this new version takes over 2 (on my localhost).

Is that by design?
Presumably it's related to the duplicate message fix?
How easy is it remove all of that code as we never really had an issue with it and the performance was much better without it.

It shouldn't be significantly different from 0.4.3 - if anything it should be faster.

69ms on my localhost and 113ms (incl 60ms ping) on my live site using 0.5.3

Is XenForo itself generally fast on your localhost?

Hmmm, that's odd then.
Yes, generally the site is fine.
Maybe it's just my localhost playing up - although I have just spent the whole day rebuilding my PC from scratch.
(Oh and thanks Xampp for making 1.7.4 incompatible with Windows 7 64 bit :rolleyes:)

I may just take the plunge and upgrade the live site anyway :)

I did as you said, and it works!

Just a couple of things.
  1. The full screen option has no exit button. I have to click "forum" to clear it from the screen.
  2. Shoutbox doesn't appear in I.E. 7.0 (I realize most people have upgraded, or switched to Firefox or Chrome, but some haven't).
  3. Will future versions allow youtube embeds?
Aside from the above, this is amazing work. I'm really loving it. I know my members will love it too.

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom