• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm here...I've made quite a few changes to the style but I noticed in the css template you use !important in a few places, making it impossible to use EXTRA.css to override - .taigachat_smilies_list, max-height for example.

Is there any particular reason you do that?

It's not a major issue as I've been editing the template directly, but it would be great if I could do it in EXTRA.css to avoid having to revert and re-apply edits.

While I'm here...I've made quite a few changes to the style but I noticed in the css template you use !important in a few places, making it impossible to use EXTRA.css to override - .taigachat_smilies_list, max-height for example.

Is there any particular reason you do that?

It's not a major issue as I've been editing the template directly, but it would be great if I could do it in EXTRA.css to avoid having to revert and re-apply edits.

Just overriding .Menu .blockLinksList max-height, could be done more neatly though I suppose

Can you add a profile option to hide the shoutbox? Some of my users don't like seeing NSFW images while at work.

Hi DarkImmortal!

I've been using TaigaChat at my forum for over a year now and it's been great. I'm not sure if anyone has asked you, but is there a way to institute a post threshold for TaigaChat? I'd like to be able to set a minimum posting threshold (let's say 50 posts) in the forums before TaigaChat appears for the user. It would encourage posting from members so that they can join an exclusive club. Minimum Posting Threshold or Group assignment so that select members can be allowed in.

Hi DarkImmortal!

I've been using TaigaChat at my forum for over a year now and it's been great. I'm not sure if anyone has asked you, but is there a way to institute a post threshold for TaigaChat? I'd like to be able to set a minimum posting threshold (let's say 50 posts) in the forums before TaigaChat appears for the user. It would encourage posting from members so that they can join an exclusive club. Minimum Posting Threshold or Group assignment so that select members can be allowed in.

Make a group for that with auto promotion and set shoutbox access accordingly

How can I change the background color of the title "Shoutbox" using the code
Code:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>
?? I want to use a different background color than the background for node titles...

Would it be possible to have a mini-taigachat on every page for guests ?
reduce-bounce-rate-with-inbox-convo-with-staff-jpg.22870

If they could ask a question in that box .... it shows up in TaigaChat ... if people could respond in TaigaChat ... and then an AJAX message in the thread shows up "Your question received a reply" .. they click that and are redirected to Taigachat ... would that be possible helpful or disasterous ?

How can I change the background color of the title "Shoutbox" using the code
Code:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>
?? I want to use a different background color than the background for node titles...

In the dark_taigachat.css template - change the value #taigachat_box {background: @primaryLightest;}

Will there ever be a version that works well with mobile devices like Android or iPhone? I really like Taigachat and have been using it on my growing community for a while now. The members all seem to like it as well. The only catch is that my niche is a mobile gaming company, so 80% of my users are on mobile devices and don't see the shoutbox. I understand if it's not in the plans, but was just curious. As usual, your work is great so please keep it up and one day I will get some donation $$ to you!! Thanks again.

Ut oh - since upgrading to latest version, we have had an extra shoutbox in the forum directory, that doesnt work?

Any idea how to delete please?

Will there ever be a version that works well with mobile devices like Android or iPhone? I really like Taigachat and have been using it on my growing community for a while now. The members all seem to like it as well. The only catch is that my niche is a mobile gaming company, so 80% of my users are on mobile devices and don't see the shoutbox. I understand if it's not in the plans, but was just curious. As usual, your work is great so please keep it up and one day I will get some donation $$ to you!! Thanks again.

Working fine on Android here

Ut oh - since upgrading to latest version, we have had an extra shoutbox in the forum directory, that doesnt work?

Any idea how to delete please?

Revert any changes to dark_taigachat templates and ensure you haven't added the template include more than once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom