• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this fix safe to use on a Shared Webspace? Because my Provider is monitoring the Server, and i dont want to get suspended caused high Server Load.

It might overwrite some settings in your shoutbox, so please be careful! I forgot to check for this. (if it does make changes, any changes can be put back through the Taigachat options in the admin panel)

This shouldn't do anything to the server. All it does is allow the person to stop pulling shouts whenever they please. It is all client side, and should actually decrease the load when people have the shoutbox paused, as their computers won't be making requests during that time! :)

I'm not sure whether or not this causes timeouts if the pause button is on for too long. That's something else worth checking out.

I've been using this since last night. No one has had problems and there has been no unexpected behavior. I don't think there should be a problem with this quick hack.

I'm hoping that DI will pick up on this and maybe implement it (more correctly than I might have) in his version.

It might overwrite some settings in your shoutbox, so please be careful! I forgot to check for this. (if it does make changes, any changes can be put back through the Taigachat options in the admin panel)

Hm, I've saved the old .js on my Desktop. Can i restore/reset it, if I copy the old File over the new .js File?

But the Fix works very well.

Hm, I've saved the old .js on my Desktop. Can i restore/reset it, if I copy the old File over the new .js File?

But the Fix works very well.

Yes, you can just overwrite with the old copy and it'll be back to how it was before the change.

Glad to hear it's working well!

Try with
PHP:
<block block_id="TaigaChat" title="TaigaChat" version_string="1.0.0" version_id="1" url="http://8wayrun.com/" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="" cache="now">
  <admin_templates/>
  <listeners/>
  <options/>
  <phrases/>
  <route_prefixes/>
  <templates>
  <template title="EWRblock_TaigaChat"><![CDATA[<xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />]]></template>
  </templates>
</block>

See http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.7586/page-161#post-284494

Salud2

Tried this and the Block doesnt show up on the portal... ??

Taigachat works wonders on my forum and my users are very pleased with the result, they chat non-stop.

The only complain I have is that when more than 6 people are chatting at the same time I detected an increased in CPU ussage (my local machine) and other users are seeing it too, and after 1 hour of chat, it is becoming increasingly slow to refresh, I had set time to 10 seconds and also 5, it´s the same, its like its consuming resources and takes more time than usual to do refreshes when you enter text.

Here is my forum: foros.tecnogaming.com

One user is a website developer and pointed me that CPU use is getting higher because of AJAX is not using async mode and that I should change variable refreshShoutbox async to true.

Any ideas?

I assigned bot and a thread to assign a daily archive of chats when I set Taigachat up today. The bot did it's thing and posted a summary of some chats in the thread. The time is wrong however. Both the bot and the forum general options are set to Central Time Zone. BUT the timestamps that was automatically posted in the thread by Taigachat are of a different Time Zone. How do I change this to Central?

Dark,

Will this be updated for 1.1 to support sprite images? They appear broken if you have sprites enabled. Thanks!

Hi,

Does anyone know which template I would need to alter to insert an < hr > between each shout to separate them?

Thanks,
Renada :)

Does anyone know which template I would need to alter to insert an < hr > between each shout to separate them?
Add this to EXTRA.css:
Code:
#taigachat_box li {
border-bottom: 1px solid #CC0000 !important;
}

Change the style to suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom