Tag Essentials [Deleted]

It will add the tags to whatever threads match your search. There's nothing to go back through and automatically do them all the threads. Majority of the features in this add-on are for new content (adding tags based on title).

I'm sorry Daniel but I don't understand.
I need to add existing tags to my existing threads via a batch update. Is it possible or not?
If yes, how?

There is not a rebuild functionality that goes through and adds tags to existing threads based on the title. If you want to add tags to batches of threads that match a search, use the link I provided. You search for the threads you want, and then fill in the input box "Add Tags:". That will add the tags you select to the threads that match the search you performed.

Yeah, it's been suggested. It's just not a very simple process and I haven't gotten to implementing it. Using the method I described, you can do them in large batches. Just search "Title" for a common word and add the tag. Do it for your most common terms and that should take care of a large portion.

Ok Daniel, disabled for now.
In my needs, your addon lack of auto tag old threads, auto link tags and hashtags integration.
Unfortunately Tinhte addon overlap your addon making confusion... so you have to use only one of two...

Wow, today I installed two addon without achieve the goal... :cautious:

My hope is that you'll complete this great addon :)

The overview of this add-on is pretty specific. It never implies to go back and add tags to old threads automatically. The tag suggestions feature is for new content. I don't really appreciate you calling this add-on incomplete. I feel this is a feature packed add-on. I'll be adding new features but currently the one you're after is not planned.

That said, If there's a conflict with Tinhte's add-on I will do what I can to resolve it.

I don't really appreciate you calling this add-on incomplete.
I'm sorry if you disappointed but for me is incomplete. For my needs as I wrote :)
Other users will be without doubt happy with current features I think... I don't.
Please consider my poor knowledge of english if I appeared rude. It's not my intention and in case, my apologies :)
I'll be adding new features but currently the one you're after is not planned.
I'm not happy for that, I really like your work.
That said, If there's a conflict with Tinhte's add-on I will do what I can to resolve it.
There aren't conflicts, but features overlap that make UIX confusion like double watch tags, double tag overlay and so on...

There aren't conflicts, but features overlap that make UIX confusion like double watch tags, double tag overlay and so on...
You can turn off my watch tags feature by revoking the permission from people. Double tag overlay could be an issue, it's able to be disabled too but requires editing/disabling a template modification.

I'm not happy for that, I really like your work.
Thanks.

I'm sorry if you disappointed but for me is incomplete. For my needs as I wrote :)
Other users will be without doubt happy with current features I think... I don't.
Please consider my poor knowledge of english if I appeared rude. It's not my intention and in case, my apologies :)
I can appreciate a language barrier. Sorry for my rash response. Just not a fan of my add-on that I feel is quite extensive to be called incomplete. If it doesn't fit your needs, I don't mind doing a refund (though I do feel the features listed in the description were quite clear).

The features you want are possible for the future but they are in my short term plans.

As you know I purchased other add ons from you and I use it with great soddisfaction. Isn't a secret the hight quality of you products and support. Yes for now this addon don't fit my needs, but I hope will be in the future.

No needs to refund my money (thanks for the offer)... I hope you consider it like a boost for implement other precious feature for me and other costumers.

Hi @Daniel Hood
I just started with this addon, working without problems.
Just a small request for future updates.
Can you add an option to display "Tag Cloud while viewing forums" below thread list?
Kind regards

Hi @Daniel Hood
I just started with this addon, working without problems.
Just a small request for future updates.
Can you add an option to display "Tag Cloud while viewing forums" below thread list?
Kind regards
And also make tag cloud option on default XenForo sidebar, because I am planning to uninstall Widget framework, but I can not yet, because some widget (like tag cloud from your addon) could render only with framework widget, not on default xenforo sidebar

Last edited:
In debug mode I get the following error while loading a tag page with wiki display:

Code:
Template Errors: tagess_xengallery_search_result_album
Illegal string offset 'media_id' in /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 42:
41:                 ';
42: if ($media['media_id'] > 0)
43: {

Im geting errors when removing this addon:
Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'table tagess_category' at line 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

In debug mode I get the following error while loading a tag page with wiki display:

Code:
Template Errors: tagess_xengallery_search_result_album
Illegal string offset 'media_id' in /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 42:
41:                 ';
42: if ($media['media_id'] > 0)
43: {
Didn't notice this post, sorry. In the template tagess_xengallery_search_result_album you can change
Code:
<xen:if is="{$media.media_id} > 0">
to
Code:
 <xen:if is="{$media.media_id}">

@Daniel Hood: Any news on this? :whistle:
Not yet. It's a fix that mostly has to be done in User Essentials though. Should be relatively simple, I'll try to get to it soon. Kind of slipped my mind to be honest.

Im geting errors when removing this addon:
Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'table tagess_category' at line 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
New version coming soon, just finishing up a couple features. I'll make sure the uninstall function is better. Just out of curiousity, why are you uninstalling the add-on?

Add tags by topic title when you create a new topic automatically?
per the resource overview:
Tag Suggestions
  • After typing the thread title (when the title loses 'focus'), an ajax request will check to see if any tags are included in the title, if they are then they automatically get added to the tags list (they can be removed and more can also be added).
  • You can set tags for prefixes, when a prefix is selected it will automatically add those tags to the thread tags.
  • You can set tags for nodes, when a new thread is being created in that node the tags will be pre-populated with the tags for that node.
So, they aren't technically added automatically to the thread but tags from the title are added to the tags box and users can leave them or remove them.

Might have found a bug.

I switched this add-on off to test something and started getting errors, also the forum home just showed a blank white page. As soon as I switched the add-on back on errors stopped.

Error info
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Tag::getTagsForCloudForNode() - library/TagEss/Widgets/TagCloud.php:40
Generated By: Creaky, 4 minutes ago

Stack trace
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(25) "http://www.gadgetbit.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom