Resource icon

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory) 1.2.0.8

No permission to download
I noticed if you have more reviews on a page than your forums default thread listing (mine is 25), the remaining threads go missing. There is no "Next page" displayed on the template. Is there a way to fix this, or better yet, to make it so the default thread listing for the directory forum can be set to its own value?

Thanks.

Can I mention something else if you're going to update it - the logo/image box on the right hand side is resizing the submitted image to fit the dimensions of the box, which stretches a lot of images out of proportion.

Would it be possible to simply have the image at its actual size, but centered within the frame on the right? Or even better still, resize the image to fit within specific maximum dimenstions?

An example of how it looks at the moment: http://www.xentastic.co.uk/reviews/gearhead-central.15/

And the actual logo: http://gearheadcentral.com/forum/logo.png

Cheers,
Shaun :D

This too please :D

Is there anyway to make listings display in alphabetical order in the child forums by default? I tried ragteks addon, but it did not work on the listings page.

Thanks.

May i suggest to include a "_getDefaultSort" method like in the default xenforo forum controller
PHP:
    protected function _getDefaultThreadSort(array $forum)
    {
        return array('last_post_date', 'desc');
    }

protected function _getThreadSortFields(array $forum)
    {
        return array('title', 'post_date', 'reply_count', 'view_count', 'last_post_date');
    }
instead of having the hardcoded variables

$defaultOrder = 'last_post_date';
$defaultOrderDirection = 'desc';

so it would be much easier to change the default order:) (ATM it would be possible via a changing the url e.g. http://localhost:81/test/index.php?directory/art-entertainment.44&order=title but this would need to hardcoded in the url and then non other order would be possible:) )

edit: ninja'd^^

Reactions: DRE
Please, fix bug in index.php. Need change latin1 to utf8 in 103 line. Actually for cyrillic and other not latin languages.

On the index page, in the side panel, above new listings, I have an "a" and a "b" - is this a minor edit?
Sorry for the late replies, I keep logging in but didn't get any notifications (no idea why, since I'm selected as watching this thread)

Completely unintentional, something I was using while debugging the last build... forgot to remove, dow ! (these can be removed from the template sfdirectory_index)

worked out what this is

Listings that are included as non-primary categores are not included when adding a new listing to that category.
I've fixed this in 1.1.7.4, but can you just confirm that that's all it is by rebuilding the counts:

ACP >> Applications >> Display Directory Tree >> Rebuild Counts

There is also another bug with counts (grandchild counts are not included in parent counts)

Hello Tenants,

I have been looking at this great xenkingdir addon for quite a while now. It is such a great addon except for one thing which I cant get my head around on how to make it work for our needs.

We are running a forum for Spain travel and would like to use the directory to show sightseeing attractions or important public service (hospitals schools etc) with it.

It is very similar to what you do on your surrey forum, except that we would need a kind of "overall" filter for "regions" or "cities".

You have done something very very nice with jaxel's "events" plugin on the surrey forum, where you added Prefixes to the events. Making those events "filterable" by a dropdown is just a awesome quick way to show only the events which interest me.

2012-06-03_0958.webp

2012-06-03_1000.webp

For the xenkingdir addon such a filter-handling of prefixes is what we are looking for.

Simple example for your surrey forum, is somebody who wants to see all directory addresses related only to the "guildford" region. In our case it would be somebody searching for addresses in the "costa del Sol" area. Since some of those "prefixes" are NOT preciese locations, but more like regions or areas, using a prefix for filtering ( via dropdown ) would be what we are looking for.

Is there any way that you can add this "prefix"-Dropdown filter to the xenxingdir addon ?

Again, Thanks a lot for this great addon.

Hello Tenants,
For the xenkingdir addon such a filter-handling of prefixes is what we are looking for.

Yes, this is something I have to do for the directory. I've done it for the events section, but it would be really useful to include thread prefixes in the directory for things such as "location" and ease of filtering.

I too, was finding that locations were really going to blow the directory into something very large and hard to navigate through, thread prefixes would be very useful here.

It's definitely very high up on my to-do list, I'll start looking at this next week (starting Monday) and should have something by Friday the 8th June (or the weekend just after that).

found a bug

/var/www/nethostingtalk.com/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php
lines 1255
'selected' => (strval($selectedNodeId) === '0'),

corrected it to this
'selected' => (is_string($selectedNodeId) ? (strval($selectedNodeId) === '0') : false),

It wasn't checking for the type and I could not get to work in the admincp so decided to fix it.
Ta
Thanks for this addon is really what i was looking for

found a bug
/var/www/nethostingtalk.com/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php

Thats a core file (not a XenKingDir file), can you send me the full error found in:
ACP>>Tool>>Server Error Log (Then click on the actual error to get the stack trace)

I wouldn't change the core files (since you'll have to change them again after a core upgrade)

Wow Tenants, This update is amazing! Thanks a lot for the prefixes , this makes the directory work perfectly for us now. Excellent work!

Allow me to ask for one little improvement in any of the next updates and one question:

1. It would be nice if " Filter by Prefix " box would show up in the main directory page.
This way we could see e.g. only "Guildford related entries" right from the beginning.
It could look a bit like this :

prefix-filter-for-main-directory-index1.webp

2. My question, is about the wording used currently.
Currently the prefix box is labeled:
Filter By Prefix:

can I change the wording of this e.g. to " Filter by Location " or " Filter by Area " ? - If so, which text template do I have to edit ?

Would be great if you could help me with both queries. Again, Thanks for your great work.

Top Bottom