******* - Support Ticket System [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
******* updated ******* - Support Ticket System with a new update entry:

06/06/2014: Version 1.1.1

- Added quick close ticket button in the bottom of support ticket view.
- Fixed missing phrase.
- Fixed error with support ticket deletion.
- Minor bugs fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@*******: Just a quick pre-sales question:
Does this add-on also transfer almost all data and information about our server and our XenForo installation to your server when installed?

If yes: Which exact data will be transferred and for what reason?

Thank you.

@HWS: We will transfer installed addons, server data without cookies to check software license and have informations to have better support.

Regards,

Is there a way to opt out from the transfer of "support data" and only allow license check (domain) to be transferred?

I do not like to have all my server and XenForo data sent and stored at your server.

Please check our privacy policy at http://*******.com/privacy-policy/.

We will never share, rent or sell your information with any 3rd parties. We are committed to ensure that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We ensure that only use those information to improve our products and services.

Regards,

So, this is a "No"?

We cannot install this add-on without transferring way to much personal and sensitive data to your servers? There is no opt-out? Even if we buy the most expensive license?

Also your "Privacy Policy" does not explicitly list all data you collect. It doesn't even mention that you collect unnecessary data (for a license check) at each installation of your add-on.

We regret to tell you that our answer is "No".

What happens if the software cant reach your server?

Your purchased software still run normally after you installed successful if you can't reach to our server.

@*******, I want to, that any information from my sites not transferred to your server. If I'll buy Professional Lifetime version of any of your add-ons, is it possible in this case?

Last edited:
I want to, that any information from my sites not transferred to your server. If I'll buy Professional Lifetime version of any of your add-ons, is it possible in this case?

If they do, then they should do it for all of us.. Not just someone with a bigger wallet as the only difference between normal and professional is normal is one site allowed, professional unlimited.. No other features or options.

@*******, I want to, that any information from my sites not transferred to your server. If I'll buy Professional Lifetime version of any of your add-ons, is it possible in this case?

He already regretted to tell us that this is a "No".

I'm wondering why our sensitive server and XenForo data is that much important to him if he only collects it for "support reasons". Also, in case of a problem to be supported, the server and XenForo data could be completely changed.

It makes absolutely no sense for me why an add-on developer should silently fetch all available data about our server, our XenForo installation and all our installed add-ons and transfer this to his server to store it there. He does not even mention this serious action anywhere. Most of his customers do not even know this.

@*******: What do you really do with our data, because you seem to be willing to rather loose money before waiving the collection of it? Do you also collect any password or access information? Do you collect any informations about the users of our site? Any statistical data?

Hello,
Thanks for your enquiry but we regret to tell you that our answer is "No". We ensure again that we transfer only your server informations (with out cookies or sensity informations) & installed addons id & version to check genuine software license and have better support & services.

He already regretted to tell us that this is a "No".

I'm wondering why our sensitive server and XenForo data is that much important to him if he only collects it for "support reasons". Also, in case of a problem to be supported, the server and XenForo data could be completely changed.

It makes absolutely no sense for me why an add-on developer should silently fetch all available data about our server, our XenForo installation and all our installed add-ons and transfer this to his server to store it there. He does not even mention this serious action anywhere. Most of his customers do not even know this.

@*******: What do you really do with our data, because you seem to be willing to rather loose money before waiving the collection of it? Do you also collect any password or access information? Do you collect any informations about the users of our site? Any statistical data?

Do you understand our responsed & our source code ? If you have knowledge from coding, you can check what're informations that we transfer to our server. We didn't encode any line from our products therefore everyone can read our source code and understand what's we do. If we had unfair actions with collected datas, we would encode our source code before release to our customers.

Regards,

Last edited:
So I purchased this addon and another for a client as it met their specifications and there was no need to re-invent the wheel. We have a local server set up that the client has access to while we work on perfecting the XenForo installation in preparation for a vBulletin to XenForo migration. Today, we thought we'd give these ago and see what we thought, etc. So apparently, the installation process pings a file which checks your license and what not. Okay, that's all fine and dandy as I understand, being a developer myself, you want to ensure you're earning some cash for your hard earned work. What I don't understand, is why for some absurd reason, you can't install on a local server environment. Furthermore, when the addon pings the server during install, it sends back the database structure. There is no other way to install the addon.

I don't exactly see the reasoning behind these restrictions as it only slows down genuine customers and for that reason, I think I'll be going elsewhere from now on.

@NixFifty Thanks for your reply. If you want to install your purchased addons on localhost, please submit a ticket to our Technical Department. We will give you solution to do this.

Regards,

Are you planning to fix this new "Knowledge Base" code? Currently it's not a good solution for building a knowledge base.

As a suggestion, the knowledge base should be an article system and not the admin backend without an editor. For example, there should be a way to upload images, and easily format text. Having the helpful question is a good idea but maybe thumbs up / down image would be easier.

FWIW - and not out of disrespect - I agree with many others that sending anything from a customer's server is in poor taste. Also, not being able to install this on a local server first was way too risky. Those two issues almost stopped me from purchasing. Now, I'm just trying to figure out if this will be improved more or if it will be removed because I also dislike the branding location and look.

Warm regards.

Reactions: Naz
@LPH

Thanks for your suggestion. We haven't taken Editor with upload on admincp because some issues with security. We will try to add your request on the future version if it's posible.

About branding location, if you don't like this, you can purchase branding removal to remove it.

Also ... If you want to install your purchased addons on localhost, please submit a ticket to our Technical Department. We will give you solution to do this.

Regards,

I am in the process of getting my coders to edit out the silly recon code they have in their forum adons, I love the plugin, but I bought the plugin, I did not buy you access to my database or information. You will eventually be locked out of my server; I think you need to make it a bit more clear what you're doing before allowing people to buy stuff from you.

On another note; I would like to report a bug.

When I installed this, I noticed I could not edit or merge posts. That is all.

Reactions: Naz
I am in the process of getting my coders to edit out the silly recon code they have in their forum adons, I love the plugin, but I bought the plugin, I did not buy you access to my database or information. You will eventually be locked out of my server; I think you need to make it a bit more clear what you're doing before allowing people to buy stuff from you.

On another note; I would like to report a bug.

When I installed this, I noticed I could not edit or merge posts. That is all.
Hello,

As we said that we don't acess any your database and sensity informations. On next upgrade version of this addon, we will make clear it.

About your reported bug, please check again. We tested on some forums and didn't receive this bug. If you still get this bug, please give us more informations about it.

Thanks,

******* updated ******* - Support Ticket System with a new update entry:

10/06/2014: Version 1.1.2

- Fixed bug required password with department's staffs for guest ticket.
- Minor bugs fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

hi *******,
what @LPH is suggesting is that the knowledge base should be in the front end so that users can add articles without admin cp access. It should be an article system. It's not feasible to let the administrator add all articles on a big board for example.

Hello,

As we said that we don't acess any your database and sensity informations. On next upgrade version of this addon, we will make clear it.
And with that information, all add-ons (even those I paid for) are being removed from my forums and will no longer utilize any of your code.
Thanks for letting people know how much data you grab before you sell it (the add-on).... not all of us read through the code line by line looking for stuff like this. We expect reasonable actions on the part of the coders.

not really sure what I'm missing here that people are considering to be sensitive information being sent back. From what I'm seeing, it is only information about the addon and it's install path to make sure your only installing it where you licensed it for..

Code:
    protected function _checkLicense()
    {
        if(!$response = $this->_validateLicense($errorString)){
            throw new XenForo_Exception($errorString, true);
        }
        if(isset($response['installParams']) && isset($response['installParams']['tables']) && isset($response['installParams']['alters']) && isset($response['installParams']['data'])){
            $installParams = $response['installParams'];
            $this->_tables             = $installParams['tables'];
            $this->_alters             = $installParams['alters'];
            $this->_data             = $installParams['data'];
            $this->_queryBeforeTable = isset($installParams['queryBeforeTable'])?$installParams['queryBeforeTable']:array();
            $this->_queryBeforeAlter = isset($installParams['queryBeforeAlter'])?$installParams['queryBeforeAlter']:array();
            $this->_queryBeforeData = isset($installParams['queryBeforeData'])?$installParams['queryBeforeData']:array();
            $this->_queryFinal         = isset($installParams['queryFinal'])?$installParams['queryFinal']:array();
        }else{
            throw new XenForo_Exception('Invalid data response from server. Please contact ******* Administrator for more information.');
        }
    }

protected $_lcUrl = 'http://*******.com/index.php?license';

protected function _validateLicense(&$errorString)
    {
        $addOnData = $this->getAddOnData();
        $existingAddOn = $this->getExistingAddOn();
        try
        {
            $validator = XenForo_Helper_Http::getClient($this->_lcUrl);
            $paths = XenForo_Application::get('requestPaths');

$validator->setParameterPost('paths', $paths);
            $validator->setParameterPost('addOnData', $addOnData);
            $validator->setParameterPost('existingAddOn', $existingAddOn);
            $validator->setParameterPost('triggerType', $this->_triggerType);
            $validator->setParameterPost('version', XenForo_Application::$version);
            $validator->setParameterPost('versionId', XenForo_Application::$versionId);
            if (XenForo_Application::isRegistered('addOns'))
            {
                $validator->setParameterPost('addOns', XenForo_Application::get('addOns'));
            }
            if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_COOKIE'])){
                unset($_SERVER['HTTP_COOKIE']);
            }
            $validator->setParameterPost('server', $_SERVER);
            $validatorResponse = $validator->request('POST');
            $response = $validatorResponse->getBody();
            if (!$validatorResponse || !$response || ($response != serialize(false) && @unserialize($response) === false) || $validatorResponse->getStatus() != 200)
            {
                $errorString = 'Request not validated';
                return false;
            }
            if($response == serialize(false) || @unserialize($response) !== false){
                $response = @unserialize($response);
            }
            if($response['error']){
                $errorString = $response['error'];
                return false;
            }
            return $response;
        }
        catch (Zend_Http_Client_Exception $e)
        {
            $errorString = 'Connection to ******* server failed';
            return false;
        }
    }

protected function _getPrerequisites()
    {
        return array();
    }

protected function _checkPrerequisites(array $prerequisites)
    {
        $addOnModel = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_AddOn');
        $notInstalled = array();
        $outOfDate = array();
        foreach ($prerequisites as $addOnId => $requiredAddOn) {
            $addOn = $addOnModel->getAddOnById($addOnId);
            if (empty($addOn)) {
                $notInstalled[] = $requiredAddOn['title'];
            }
            if ($requiredAddOn['version_id'] && $addOn['version_id'] < $requiredAddOn['version_id']) {
                $outOfDate[] = $requiredAddOn['title'];
            }
        }
        if ($notInstalled) {
            throw new XenForo_Exception('The following required add-ons need to be installed: ' . implode(',', $notInstalled).'.', true);
        }
        if ($outOfDate) {
            throw new XenForo_Exception('The following required add-ons need to be updated: ' . implode(',', $outOfDate), true);
        }
    }

If he's pulling anything but a domain check for valid licensing it's more than what he needs to be doing. Anything else is NOHB. Like I said, I just deleted the app and won't do any further business with him.
Doesn't matter if it is "sensitive data" or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom