Lack of interest [Suggestion] Sidebar Toggle Feature.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
At least till I release a theme first :p might share the jQuery after that.

Looking good :)
That is where I originally placed the toggle image too.
Still deciding for the perfect location myself
I'm not sooo happy with the position, i would prefer like vBulletin is doing it, but i have no clue of css, so it's a impossible for me^^

Try playing with position:absolute VS position:relative you might be able to move it in different places....
without knowing the template that you are using or the css i'm just guessing

At least till I release a theme first :p might share the jQuery after that.

Looking good :)
That is where I originally placed the toggle image too.
Still deciding for the perfect location myself

Nice to here. :) but I would still like to see a toggle option/feature in the core product. I think it's a standard feature to have and would like to see it added without having to resort to an add-on.

It's one of the few features I feel that is best suited being a core feature.

Any news regarding this whether or not this is a candidate for making it into the core. I see a toggle option as a fundamental feature to have for those that wish to temp minimise it. I can't fully understand why the sidebar area wouldn't have this option as some us would really like this ability.

It's not because vbulletin or ipb have it I see it as a small feature (coding wise) that gives the opportunity of the user to temporary minimise. I personally don't need to see the stats sideblock and the opportunity to free up more space seems a logical step to take. It's not harming anyone having the feature but giving them the option minimise/maximise. It's a useful feature to have and a practical one at that.

I can honestly say I have never had cause to use a sidebar collapsing control on a forum other than to observe the animation effect.

It's not even about the visuals. For example fixed width styles would benefit hugely from the toggle feature freeing up space. I can't see what the problem is from looking at it on a practicality perspective.

I can honestly say I have never had cause to use a sidebar collapsing control on a forum other than to observe the animation effect.
How about the ability to collapse content blocks (nodes, sidebar blocks etc)?

There are several categories I rarely pay attention to, and being able to collapse them would be helpful, and I don't pay much attention to certain blocks on the sidebar on other sites.