Lack of interest [Suggestion] HTML5 Embed Support for Vimeo and YouTube

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Its just that, some people embed on homepages, so youtube going with iframe with their "HTML5" version would be problematic for those types of people.

Well I don't get how you think it would be problematic? I mean the only problem for an iFrame is that the search engines can't see the content in the iFrame, but as it is just a video and has no SEO value what difference does it make... I guess I am just being stupid here or something I just don't get why you think it is an issue.

The only other option would for them to use JS to print the correct code, but the video still wouldn't be seen by Search Engines so if it is Flash/JS/iFrame it is all the same end result... where is the problem?

Testing Vimeo

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome. Vimeo is also using iframe.

This is pretty awesome. Thanks!

Sorta surprising that Vimeo is 768x480 while YouTube is just 500x300!

I am watching xf now on my iPad
Vimeo sucks. Image exceeds the forum, buttons positions uneven.

Well I don't get how you think it would be problematic? I mean the only problem for an iFrame is that the search engines can't see the content in the iFrame, but as it is just a video and has no SEO value what difference does it make... I guess I am just being stupid here or something I just don't get why you think it is an issue.
When I had iframe on my site [a block showing my XBL gamertag/user info] - I checked my website's whois sometime down the road. I saw that a site like domaintools says that having an iFrame on your site lowers your rank. I was worried about it, so I took off the gamertag box and replaced it with an image. Ever since, I've had no problems.

And don't call yourself stupid Ceri! :( I'm not saying you're stupid. I've gone out of my way to try and be nice.

When I had iframe on my site [a block showing my XBL gamertag/user info] - I checked my website's whois sometime down the road. I saw that a site like domaintools says that having an iFrame on your site lowers your rank. I was worried about it, so I took off the gamertag box and replaced it with an image. Ever since, I've had no problems.

And don't call yourself stupid Ceri! :( I'm not saying you're stupid. I've gone out of my way to try and be nice.

Those sort of sites, only give general idea's. If you had important graphics in those iFrames then they wouldn't have been ranked... BUT just having an iFrame doesn't negatively effect your SEO...

This is what Sushubh Mittal was saying... here...

well designers generally have a strong dislike for tables. but tables have their purpose in web pages. tabular data.

iframes might be hated for what they have been misused for. but they provide an excellent mode of supporting HTML5 based video embeds.

Same mentality as the whole tables are bad an evil just because people use to style entire websites using them and misuse them people now think that iFrame are bad and evil... but when used correctly, IE google adverts... This sort of video embedding etc they are good.

Top Bottom