Implemented Group Promotions

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Would love to see this as well. When combined with Trophies this would seem like a much improved promotions systems when compared to vB.

yes, but please don't make it so that the only way to have this feature (if you decide to add it, which I really, really hope you do!) is through the trophy system, because not everyone likes the trophy thing. We've completely removed it from our forum because it's not something we want to utilise, however we really do need this group promotion function! :)

yes, but please don't make it so that the only way to have this feature (if you decide to add it, which I really, really hope you do!) is through the trophy system...
So long as, if accepted, the devs follow the first post, lots of criteria can be used, similar to how another product has it set up (but Xenlicious).

Would it be possible to use the current trophy system to become the promotion system?

Give trophies an option to not be displayed so a promotion can be part the system.

You get a trophy you are either added to another group or changed primary group.

Ok. Please merge or delete thread.

I'm still not used to navigating and searching on my phone without tapatalk. Sorry for this.

Thank you for that. I hope something similar becomes part of the core product at some point. Nothing against your addon. I'm on my way to install it. But tying it to trophies means the promotions have to be made public, and that's not necessarily always preferable.

I'm glad someone managed to make an addon to help with this, but it still would be much better for us if it wasn't linked to the trophies system. We don't want to have to use trophies if we can help it - we just don't like them at all (sorry guys!), so a usergroup promotions function that doesn't involve trophies would be far more preferable to us. :)

Or just a cool surprise reward for people who earned a lot of awards. :) Like, you win an award for post count and voila, you see a brand new forum.

Yea.
I suggested you are directed to a "Trophy Page" each time you get a trophy.
These pages could be skinned to your liking - ie. a racecar theme for a racecar site, etc.

And, on that page, it would also announce all your new privileges.
- You have access to a brand new forum - click here. !
- You are now allows to have 100 PMs, not just 50.
- You are a valued member, you are now allowed to PC an administrator !
-etc.

And group demotions where I can ban someone and they get demoted to the banned primary usergroup :D Also user upgrades that move users from a paid ground to a registered group when their time limit expires. Manually doing it makes no sense.
rolleyes.png

Definitely needed....I just imported live data to play around with. While playing around with the permissions system, I noticed...hey, there's no way to promote users based on post count, join date, etc. Need this for special forums that are more confidential to our user base.

Another request. I've been successfully stopping PM spammers in 3.8.6 with a Probationary Member usergroup that auto promotes to Full Registered Member upon 5 posts. During my most recent import, I noticed that it didn't import my Probationary Usergroup and instead made them all Registered.

Top Bottom