XF 1.0 Style Properties II - A Closer Look

You've already seen how style properties provide a quick, easy, flexible and extensible way to control the appearance and behaviour of your styles.

In this video, you'll see them at work again, this time working directly on element appearance and styling. The demo touches on our use of the color palette (which is of course extensible in its own right) and shows some basic use of our CSS editor.

Enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As usual, this is a large, HD video. View it at full size using the expand gadget in the bottom right of the movie frame.

Oh, well we can't possibly anticipate every possible font family variant, so just type the names of the fonts you want into the font family text box.

One thing I didn't see was whether the font style can be changed from within the Style Properties system?
I saw the font size but didn't see a dropdown for the style, unless it's on a different page?
From 2:20 can you see "Font Family" field (not dropdown) ;)

Absolutely awesome Kier... Especially the color palette. It just makes sense. And again (for the 1000th time) I am left thinking: why hasn't one of the other forum makers done this? It's so obvious! Sign of true genius - people look at it and say "yeah, that's obvious."

Yes, apologies for being vague, I meant font family.

Many thanks for the confirmation, now hurry up and release it so I can have a play :D

Absolutely awesome Kier... Especially the color palette. It just makes sense. And again (for the 1000th time) I am left thinking: why hasn't one of the other forum makers done this? It's so obvious! Sign of true genius - people look at it and say "yeah, that's obvious."

This is absolutely awesome indeed!

The "Likes" need to be aligned with the end of the user info, in the video the likes just hover half way up the thread. Otherwise, it looks great and so easy to use.

I just watched the video. I am seriously very much impressed. This (almost) 1.0 release looks/feel like a 3.whatever release... if you get what I mean. It oozes confidence for me all over the place. And that is exactly the opposite feeling I get from a certain other once great forum product, which has now version number 4 (but should have been labeled '-3')...

I just watched the video. I am seriously very much impressed. This (almost) 1.0 release looks/feel like a 3.whatever release... if you get what I mean. It oozes confidence for me all over the place. And that is exactly the opposite feeling I get from a certain other once great forum product, which has now version number 4 (but should have been labeled '-3')...

Completely agree.

Forget about postbit... if you can do this with postbit, then im going to go ahead and assume that most other templates have this degree of editing ease.
And if that assumption is correct... wow, you just made XF very newbie friendly in terms of creating different color schemes for their site.

This is awesome! I tried the Kitchen Sink style, but the postbit info does not show, even after a reload. Can you please enable the postbit info in an alternate style and so I can get the feel of it? Thanks

Can we please stop talking about that other product ? ... its looks stale and feels old compared to XF :)

Can we please stop talking about that other product ? ... its looks stale and feels old compared to XF :)
Thats unreasonable and impossible.
The best way to "ignore" vB is to not make a big deal when someone mentions vB.
The more you make a point of something, the more power you give it.

Thats unreasonable and impossible.
The best way to "ignore" vB is to not make a big deal when someone mentions vB.
The more you make a point of something, the more power you give it.

Give it 12-18 months and people will be saying vb ? ... what's that ? ... unless they do a complete re-write it will go the way of the 8-track ... not to be OT ... Style Properties looks very nice :D

This is awesome! I tried the Kitchen Sink style, but the postbit info does not show, even after a reload. Can you please enable the postbit info in an alternate style and so I can get the feel of it? Thanks
Kitchen sink awfulness enabled...

Screen shot 2010-09-16 at 01.29.18.webp

I dunno I like it - reference-able information just to the side of each post. Why is it awful? Maybe I'm ignorant but it looks great to me and it's also a way to see member info without even scrolling or clicking away.

dutchbb what is <dd> ( yes I'm being a noob right now )

Top Bottom