Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
I'm trying to make a custom user field that user's must fill in when they sign up. This user field is their steam id. What is the best way going about that with this addon?

If you're looking for people to have their SteamID associated to their XenForo forum account, it's best to just have them register/login via steam. I have template helpers coded into the addon that will let you convert from SteamID64 to the other types of SteamIDs for use in templates and such.

Plus it helps prove that the number they are associated with is actually theirs and not owned by somebody else (unless of course they were able to steal another's Steam username/password).

If you're looking for people to have their SteamID associated to their XenForo forum account, it's best to just have them register/login via steam. I have template helpers coded into the addon that will let you convert from SteamID64 to the other types of SteamIDs for use in templates and such.

Plus it helps prove that the number they are associated with is actually theirs and not owned by somebody else (unless of course they were able to steal another's Steam username/password).

Ah, well is there a way to have it so when someone registers through steam, it automatically puts their steam id in a custom user field?

Is there a reason you need this custom id field? What's the planned use for it? It seems redundant to have the SteamID stored twice.

For practically any need you have for a user's SteamID, you should be able to pull it using the helpers built into the addon, or even the database if you needed to go that far.

hi @HowIChrgeLazer

really nice Add-on but i have some problem. i will use Display Steam Profile in message content (top right) . its working , but in the mobile styl its not good to use it . is there a way to see more responsive ? or to display the the steam profile bottom right ?

Last edited:
hi @HowIChrgeLazer

really nice Add-on but i have some problem. i will use Display Steam Profile in message content (top right) . its working , but in the mobile styl its not good to use it . is there a way to see more responsive ? or to display the the steam profile bottom right ?

The steam_profile_message template does have a hard coded width, so I suppose you could reduce that or change it to a percentage. I'm not sure how well it will react though. I think if it's set to 100% it'll span the entire message box covering up the top of posts.

I'm curious... Does this happen when they login normally (username/password) or when they login through steam? Does it happen on logout?
It seems to be happening to people who login normally, those who login with Steam. I almost never log out, but it still removes the tag from me.

But it doesn't remove it to people who haven't been on the forums since they got it.

Last edited:
Any idea what could cause the banners under the username and extra info to not show? Everything is enabled like it should be, also doesn't seem to show on profiles either.

Any idea what could cause the banners under the username and extra info to not show? Everything is enabled like it should be, also doesn't seem to show on profiles either.

I am thinking something changed in the API? I have been having the no image show for about a month.

I don't believe the API changed, working fine on my end (currently showing me online and in game with the in game banner working):

https://ragecagegaming.com/forum/members/howichrgelazer.3/

Any errors in your XenForo or PHP logs?

I'm looking into it am thinking possibly something I need to re-enable for Apache or PHP? I went on my server and can view the Steam page from my server and seems like everything at that point works fine. Mod Rewrite and everything to xenforo works fine... I must be missing something...

Ok fixed had set to:
Steam API Source Steam API via HTTPS

Works now that I Set it to:
Steam API Source Steam API via HTTP

I had to reconnect my account to fix it though...

Ok fixed had set to:
Steam API Source Steam API via HTTPS

Works now that I Set it to:
Steam API Source Steam API via HTTP

I had to reconnect my account to fix it though...

Good to hear you fixed it by changing options. Sounds like you don't have HTTPS support. Although, you shouldn't have to reconnect your account to fix it. Might have been stale browser cache.

The way I build links is as follows:
  • Obtain URL for Avatar from the API
  • Slice out the domain in the url
  • Append the domain name of whichever option you choose in the settings with a case statement
So nothing is hard coded or would require the cron to run to update the links.

@HowIChrgeLazer , any ideas about Steam Associated Status, I've been playing around with it and it seems to remove people with the promotion but it only affects users actively on the forum.

If you need anymore info from me, I'll be happy to provide it.

@HowIChrgeLazer , any ideas about Steam Associated Status, I've been playing around with it and it seems to remove people with the promotion but it only affects users actively on the forum.

If you need anymore info from me, I'll be happy to provide it.

I am looking into the Criteria code and comparing to XenForo's, I do see differences, but I haven't had a lot of time to test some ideas. I'll post here when I have a develop version posted to github for testing.

Top Bottom