Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Yikes... Yeah that's going to be one of those difficult things to work with. Without the Steam API, the registration and account association is plain clunky at best. I could code something to check if the Steam API Key is blank and have it go about the old method, and include my retry code in 1.1.0-dev1. But I can't guarantee that you'd go 100% error free.

Same deal with the SteamProfile badges. You'll get 302 errors more often, and be forced to use the old method of one request per steam badge on a forum page via the XML route. :(
Don't worry about changing anything. Not your fault or responsibility to keep up with their "buy a game policy"

From what I gather is it works well the way it is now. Don't change it....

Figure most people who need this have gaming sites (I don't) and so already have a ton of games. So it's just a natural thing for the majority who will use this.

I'm the minority in this .... As I only wanted an extra perk and way for people to register. We don't have a gaming section (we did in the past, but it never got any interest... Just not that type of community).

So don't change it. I'll get around to buying a game sooner or later.

Don't worry about changing anything. Not your fault or responsibility to keep up with their "buy a game policy"

From what I gather is it works well the way it is now. Don't change it....

Figure most people who need this have gaming sites (I don't) and so already have a ton of games. So it's just a natural thing for the majority who will use this.

I'm the minority in this .... As I only wanted an extra perk and way for people to register. We don't have a gaming section (we did in the past, but it never got any interest... Just not that type of community).

So don't change it. I'll get around to buying a game sooner or later.
This will cost you less than $2:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/113200/

EDIT: Oh and they have a native Linux client now too. Only on Ubuntu right now, but they are apparently adding support for other distros in the future.

I've never purchased a single game from steam. Simply because I hate how they demand you need to log-in for everything... ie... No physical CD / DVD's and no remote offline playing.
That is untrue, you can play games without signing in, but you need to be offline, or block steam to access internet.

That is untrue, you can play games without signing in, but you need to be offline, or block steam to access internet.
And Adam if you wish to have some games or what not I can give you some extras. What I would like to see is the stats in the AP available to add somewhere on the website. A block for instance.... Not sure if thats a possibility.

Here's some promising news involving the development of 1.1.0. It looks to me as if stats are updating a bit more frequently with the retry code. I can't manually calculate because of the amount of users I have, but I'm definitely seeing a change in numbers.

Left side is yesterday's data, right side is today's data after the cron ran.

My only concern about the cron.php is having it set to set_time_limit(0);. However, in theory it should never hang running, because after three attempts of trying to get a good XML file it just moves on to the next. And cURL has it's own timeout set as well, so if it can't grab the XML data it shouldn't hang their either.

EDIT: Just picked two random games and it looks as if it's not missing data. I could be overlooking some users, but it's a good sign. :cool:

If this continues to work, I'd be more than happy taking the next step into making a steam tab that lists stats for the forum users to view.

Attachments

• dev-110.webp
    dev-110.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 31
This will cost you less than $2:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/113200/

EDIT: Oh and they have a native Linux client now too. Only on Ubuntu right now, but they are apparently adding support for other distros in the future.
Decided to take advantage of a few sales :P

Star Wars: KOTOR
2.49 USD
From Dust
9.74 USD
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
2.49 USD

subtotal
14.72 USD

:D

Can't say it wasn't a good deal, eh?

While I admit I don't use Steam much... That's never been my experience (ever).

Recall my Internet being down a few months ago because some crazy whack job decided to hit the telephone pole outside (car crash) and so I had no TV or Internet or Phone. Figured I'd play a game... Anything through Steam (single player of course) told me it could not connect (obviously) and that it was required.

Who knows.... Maybe I'm seriously unlucky or maybe I just keep buying the wrong games or maybe people give me ones that need verification ..... I've long since stop trying to figure out why things are "funny" (odd) on my end.

Think I've taken this topic off topic enough..... lol ..... sorry (I do ramble a little).

I know for a fact you can play games offline, for example Terraria. Some might have stricter usage limitations, but that is probably the publisher demanding that from Valve, it is not a limitation of the Steam client / network: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-agcb-2555
That most likely is the case. To bad most games don't "advertise" that fact unless they're online games or multi-playing games, which of course are to be expected.

Oh well.... I'll wait a few days for Steam to recognize that I'm buying things and add the API.

You learn what developers are doing after a while. Among the worst are Warner and Ubisoft, they both require you to sign up for a different network.

I hate that... Luckily Far Cry 3 was well worth it :sneaky:
uPlay is actually quite nice, I liked it, but I bought the game through Steam, cause I have most of my games in Steam. Funny thing is, you can't just launch uPlay to play Far Cry 3, you have to launch uPlay through your Steam library to get access to the game :confused:

Yep. Not ideal.

I guess if we just bought it at a store it would just require uPlay.

Then again, there are some games you buy from retail and you still need Steam to play them.

I don't mind. I actually really like Steam.

HowIChrgeLazer updated Steam Authentication & Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 Changelog

Changelog:
  • Added retry logic for Steam Community XML game data. Will try up to three times, and wait five seconds in between each attempt.
  • Fixed language bug in steamprofile.js (reported by Kartus)
  • Updated German translations in steamprofile.js
  • Removed example pictures from next .zip release on Xenforo
== Upgrade Steps From 1.0.9 to 1.1.0+ ==
  1. Upload the upload directory to your forum (overwrite any files)
  2. Upgrade the addon using the provided...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom