Implemented Statistics in the admin panel / XF analytics / XenMetrics

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would like to see an analytics tool in xf giving insights into member behaviour. For eg: no of new members/month, no of active members, no of members with 0/<10/<20.. posts, most frequented forums, individual member activity records (so we have brief idea of history - account changes made, bans, ip changes, no of conversations, no of reports received) etc etc. Things like these can give insights into what exactly our members are looking for and what type of members we have.

Google Analytics is good for an overall understanding but I am looking for is some in depth report (stats that are very specific to forums).
+1

The goal of XenMetrics would be:

• Listen, to what is being said.
  • Engage, tactically and strategicially.
  • Measure, quantify, rather than guess.
Core Features
  • Group Scoping, get granular with permissions and the analytical information you're reporting. Create custom pages for different groups, showing them specific information relevant for them. Whether it's moderation metrics for your moderation team. Or custom reports for your community management team, showing them trending topics.
  • Widget Reporting. The reports would be done by widgets and placed on pages. Allowing users to custom create their own widgets for their own communities.
  • Graphing. Metrics can be displayed in various graph form or in detailed form, with important trending for comparible time periods.
How well do you understand your community?
  • Are your keywords and phrases being mentioned negatively or positively?
  • How are your members contributing to create content?
  • Where are your moderators spending time?
  • What content is most accessed?
  • How is content being used?
  • What are your sites strengths and weaknesses?
  • What is the experiance time for your customer?
A couple of specific examples:
  • Hot Topics - Helping you understand the customer voice, track the mentions of specific keywords and phrases.
  • Temperature - Are posts with your specific keywords and phrases getting good reputation or bad reputation?
  • Issues Radar - Find topics being discussed that you didn't know were important. If there are fast appearing topics that aren't in your existing keyword or phrase tracker, this shows you upcoming.
  • Application based metrics. Show us which applications are being used, how, and the metrics.
  • Identify - There are users who participate, those whom create. Tools to help you identify whom is who and look at the types of content they're creating or participating in.
  • Track Searches - If you know what your people are looking for on your site, you can help them find it. Find the content and highlight it.
  • Contributions - Reports for blogs, galleries, content pages, chat topics, etc.
  • Types of users - Infleuncers (lots of friends, posts get lots of topics, posts have significant outbound links, posts have good reputation, recieve lots of views). Infleucners would be people in your community you want to assist to help in your community. Other types of users would be commentors, connectors, askers, answerers, originators, creators, etc.
That's a very rough outline mind you but you get the idea of why I think a solid metrics package could help nearly any community.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenmetrics.13628/#post-178500

As the author has already posted on this thread, I have merged and deleted the duplicate post.
I kind of feel that the XenMetrics suggestion was of different scope than just having 'statistics in the admin panel'.

Imo, it would have been better left as its own topic.

Well cross posting doesn't really help the case.

I can split it off again if the thread author wants.
I'll wait to hear back.

Similar to the way vBulletin has theres. Posts for the day, new threads, user activity and new members.

I love to compare what the site is doing week to week, month to month, year to year.

Locate it in admincp

Top Bottom