Staff: Is it XenForo or xenForo?

Ryan

The logo is xenForo. The favicon is xF.

Everything else, as far as I can tell is XenForo (staff titles, footer trademark, splash page, forum titles, etc.)...Which one is it going to be?

Ultimately we'll need to come down to one official way to capitalize the name, of course...right now I don't think we have it. I threw a poll in here just for fun. Maybe the XF guys haven't decided themselves and a little feedback from the community would help.

I personally prefer xenForo. Looks a little more modern/playful.

I like it because it looks good, more modern, just different. Dare to be different.

HEY there's our new slogan!

xenForo - Dare to be different!
This is what I say....

I have referred to it as xenForo since I registered. I think in the end xF looks more appeasing than XF, XF makes me think of dominance, ego, etc but I know the developers and staff have no ego so xF shows they are a threat and great competition. :)

I prefer XenForo, and probably for a silly reason: the shape of the letters together looks like a locomotive to me. :cool:

Move over, because this train is building steam, and will not be slowing down!

Well... talking about locomotives/trains... reminded me of something:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ewfull=1#post1910654

(sorry, could not resist... but my goodness I sounded bitter on that board the last year, didn't I? For good reason, mind you...)

The general rule is that brands are written with a capital letter. Only if something is specifically promoted with a capital letter in the middle of the brandname (e.g. iPhone) should it be written that way in text.

The logo is the main promotion material for the brand, so if the logo is xenForo, then it should be written everywhere as xenForo. If not, then you have to change the logo for consistency. IMO the logo looks good as xenForo, so it would be best (imo) to write it everywhere that way. But it's up to the company to decide on this.

(I accidentally picked to wrong option in the poll).

Top Bottom