XF 1.5 Some users randomly unable to post

JK2447

Hi all

Has anyone seen this? I’m on 1.5.21. Two users are able to DM me but cannot post. When I looked into their accounts it said awaiting confirmation email from an edit. I forced it to say Valid but this didn’t fix it. Other users and myself seem Ok. Any ideas please guys?

Thanks
James

Has anyone troubleshooted this issue on their forum? I randomly have two prominent members of my forum unable to post, although they can inbox me on the forum

The accounts not being in a "valid" state is very likely the cause, though if you're sure this is changed, then the best thing would be the permission analyzer.

You haven't really defined what happens though. Do they see a message indicating that they don't have permission to post? If so, then it would be something with their account state or their permission configuration.

I'm sorry that I haven't articulated this well but thanks a lot gentlemen I really appreciate that. The user sees the following. I'll try the analyser thank you

Attachments

• B576B2B0-12BA-4BF2-8B0C-00555C9FDAD2.webp
    B576B2B0-12BA-4BF2-8B0C-00555C9FDAD2.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 11
I don't know if you've edited the phrase, but that's not a totally standard notice. It sounds like it's related to email bounces, but the default wording is different, so I can't tell if it's from something you changed or an add-on.

But if it's from the default system with a changed phrase, then that would indicate that their user status isn't set to valid. Specifically, it's indicating that their email bounced.

I don't know if you've edited the phrase, but that's not a totally standard notice. It sounds like it's related to email bounces, but the default wording is different, so I can't tell if it's from something you changed or an add-on.

But if it's from the default system with a changed phrase, then that would indicate that their user status isn't set to valid. Specifically, it's indicating that their email bounced.
Thank you guys. I have changed my two users to valid but will get them to confirm they still have access to the email addresses they have. I'm sure I've asked them but I'll ask again

Thanks very much mods for you help. I think this was possibly caused by the user but I may also have an issue with my webserver. I'll do more checks. For now the user in question an post again so thanks again.

I purchased a forum running xenforo so I know little but while looking into this I've found xenforo is one of if not the best forum softwares today. I'm only now realising how great it is so keep up the good work and support

Thanks
Jim

Top Bottom