Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter) [Deleted]

two questions:

1: can you set which categories/threads will be twitted or facebooked? For good reason I would
want threads in some categories sent out, and others not sent out....

2: Is the facebook addon any different then what twitter has...I think if you sent it to twitter, then
twitter has an option to auto post to facebook, but I am not sure if twitter has any options to
control what is sent out...

so it would surely be useful to me if I can control what is, and what is not sent out to twitter/facebook.

Thanks

Anyone else get this error?

Code:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://api.twitter.com:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235

two questions:

1: can you set which categories/threads will be twitted or facebooked? For good reason I would
want threads in some categories sent out, and others not sent out....

2: Is the facebook addon any different then what twitter has...I think if you sent it to twitter, then
twitter has an option to auto post to facebook, but I am not sure if twitter has any options to
control what is sent out...

so it would surely be useful to me if I can control what is, and what is not sent out to twitter/facebook.

Thanks
This is due in the next version which I'm very sorry to say is very delayed. I will be resuming development ASAP.

Anyone else get this error?

Code:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://api.twitter.com:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
When and where and how often is this appearing? It is indicating a communication problem between your server and twitter. Of course this could just be a timeout or perhaps connection issues on Twitter's end.

When and where and how often is this appearing? It is indicating a communication problem between your server and twitter. Of course this could just be a timeout or perhaps connection issues on Twitter's end.

I'm getting it allot and it started a few days ago, also some users have reported they cannot post threads, disabling the mod or removing the Twitter keys fixes the issue.

When I try to create a thread and I have social connect activated, I get this error:

The following error occurred:

Undefined index: thread
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in SocialConnect/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 63
  2. SocialConnect_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 391
  3. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 490
  5. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/travelst/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

When I try to create a thread and I have social connect activated, I get this error:
Just taken the liberty of installing an updated version at your site. I have left the add-on disabled.

Would you mind enabling it and testing it to see if the problem has gone away?

If it has I will release.

Chris Deeming updated Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter) with a new update entry:

Price decrease...

I have made the decision to only support one version of this product. Previously there was an individual Twitter and Facebook version of this add-on. I will now be only maintaining the "Bundle" version.

In addition to that, I am reducing the price temporarily from £19 to only £15.

The price may get revised upwards again in the future.

Development and support still continues and will hopefully resume in the coming months to get the fabled version 2.3.0 out finally.

Thank you all :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Price decrease... price decrease??.. how dare you................ :D

Nah, only joking, your mods are worth every penny :) (think you're mental for decreasing the price lol)

If you only bought the Facebook version, not the bundle. Do you need to purchase the bundle now to receive future updates as your now only supporting the bundle?

Dear Social Connect (Facebook) Users,

I am pleased to offer you a completely free upgrade to the Social Connect (Bundle) product (now known as Social Connect for Facebook and Twitter).

Your previous orders have been updated to reflect this change. You will receive a new download link shortly.

In addition to this, a new version has been released which is primarily a bug fix release.

Version 2.3.0 is still in development.

Many thanks.

Top Bottom