So who's going to migrate their LIVE site to 1.2

Working perfect for my site.

Enabled Showcase and XENMEDIA Gallery OxyCura, no major showstoppers on those.

[bd] Widget Framework --- users online block will need updated (but still works).

Have found only one error. All add-ons disabled, so not sure what caused it. Oh well. Hah.

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'user.is_staff' in 'where clause' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

All it stops is from me viewing the member list. No big deal actually to me.

--Edit

Only stops from viewing "Notable Members". Checking the box "Display User as Staff" generates that error also.

Last edited:
  • The Mobile Agent Tracer will not work (using TMS). I can make it use TMC but I would like a way to make the installer compatible with both versions of XenForo which can't be done right now.

In the bug forum I requested to have the XML tag changed in XF to make that possible. However, I do not know if @Mike will grant that request.

Upgraded my "live" site to 1.2. I put the word live in quotes as I have not promoted the site, but have a couple of members join, go figure. The upgrade went flawlessly, no errors and only two of my new style's templates needed to be merged. After all was said and done, the site looks the way it did before I upgraded. I just checked two of my add-ons and they still work as designed: forum thread views, and latest members on the home sidebar (I haven't checked the others yet). As always, well done Mike and Kier, :)

PS please do not use this post as a justification to upgrade your live site to 1.2, as I said I only have a couple of members and I also use it to write add-ons with. Also, the only add-ons I use are the ones I create.

Couldn't resist, so I did it. Disabled all add-ons and will enable them one at a time to see how they work, or maybe just wait til they are updated. Some of them are not needed anymore anyway with the new version.

I had to remove the ad from the header so the responsive design would work properly, but that was no big loss.

http://www.truckersforum.net/forum/

Upgraded my "live" site to 1.2. I put the word live in quotes as I have not promoted the site, but have a couple of members join, go figure. The upgrade went flawlessly, no errors and only two of my new style's templates needed to be merged. After all was said and done, the site looks the way it did before I upgraded. I just checked two of my add-ons and they still work as designed: forum thread views, and latest members on the home sidebar (I haven't checked the others yet). As always, well done Mike and Kier, :)

PS please do not use this post as a justification to upgrade your live site to 1.2, as I said I only have a couple of members and I also use it to write add-ons with. Also, the only add-ons I use are the ones I create.

I'm in the same boat, I only have 3 or 4 regular posting members, so I upgraded too. I saw no reason as to why not.

Everything works superbly for me too.

:)

For me, more waiting is required. Gotta wait for a style upgrade, and got to work out which add ons I should remove/keep.

Has anyone rushed into the upgrade process and had major problems? Or only minor issues?

For me, more waiting is required. Gotta wait for a style upgrade, and got to work out which add ons I should remove/keep.

Has anyone rushed into the upgrade process and had major problems? Or only minor issues?

You didn't keep track of the last 24h or?:D
@DRE and some others rushed and had several problems (most where because of addons)

I had to upgrade. This version is too good to not upgrade :) Glad it went okay as my database backup was only 1kb when I checked afterwards!

I learned to look not only at the backup size but to count the # of table in a backup if the backup matters. At my previous ISP (FatCow) it wasn't unusual for database backups to be missing tables, sometimes most of them. When I was moving one XF site to my new host, all 3 of their backups (current day, previous day, day before) were short a few tables. To compound things their compression code always timed out: I had to download a raw 80MB SQL file & upload it to the new host. :mad:

Bottom line: Always audit your backups if they matter.

I have a paid style on my forum so I have wait patiently which is something I learnt after marriage. :D

Top Bottom