So, what's the downside?

Sador

No, seriously. I've spent a couple of hours in here, and still haven't found anything bad about XenForo. Everything looks great, I keep finding new stuff, the speed is terrific, everything works better than expected... so where's the catch? :P

What do the rest of you think?

$400 is WAY too much for a forum software that is just starting out and is (at this stage) bare-bones.

For 5 years of what ever they might add to it? And to be a "Founder"? And as I said, this would be along side of what ever pricing they already have it mind. The choice would be yours! Don't be a Xenophobe!

Only a rare few can sell expectations. This is not just another beta-forum, these guys have enormous capital in BB circles, I don't want to see them squander it.

I'd have to agree, but i'd rather them take their time and add more much wanted/needed features into the first release then rush out a new product, doing that could hurt it severely. :)

For 5 years of what ever they might add to it? And to be a "Founder"? And as I said, this would be along side of what ever pricing they already have it mind. The choice would be yours! Don't be a Xenophobe!

Only a rare few can sell expectations. This is not just another beta-forum, these guys have enormous capital in BB circles, I don't want to see them squander it.

I don't like that idea at all. Again, it segregates the user base even more, and what happens if by some chance they don't deliver? The "Founder" title seems somewhat elitist... :rolleyes:

Also, Xenophobe... I don't think it means what you think it means. ;)

I'm rather liking the "look and feel" of this. Guy could get used to it. I'm bouncing from here to my forum to vBulletin.com and back and the difference is pretty glaring. The VB really seems klunky!

I want an iPad like tablet with bit thinner bevel, and xf.os on it, with webapps tailered to xenforo universe, and cloud computing. ktnx. :p

oj2SP.png

Now with less bevel!

Part of the reason for going public before we are ready to make sales is to find out exactly what content and functionality you consider to be vital.

Are private messages from vBulletin transferable as Private Conversations when people decide to switch to xenForo? This is vital for us.
Furthermore, for our company/organization integrated Blogs (since we already use them in vB3.8, we need also this content to be transferred to xenForo) are also vital for us.

Ofcourse there's more vB functionality that is important to have in xenForo at one point in time, but they are not vital.

Are private messages from vBulletin transferable as Private Conversations when people decide to switch to xenForo? This is vital for us.
Yes, though individual messages import separately. There's not much to go on aside from the title, and the un-symmetric nature of the makes it hard to do anything else.

Yes, though individual messages import separately.

Thank you for your quick reply, Mike. what exactly do you mean by 'import separately'? How does that look in the Personal Conversations Area? For us it's important that all content will be transferred to xenForo when (if) we decide to switch.

Top Bottom