So.... what is the word on the new signature restrictions/rules?

Really? Watch me. If users can't restrain themselves and continually abuse a function on the site, I'm not going to restrict it to just those users. I'm removing it as I'm tired of dealing with the issue.

I already do this with editing permissions. It used to be 24 hours. Then someone abused it. I lowered it to 12. They still abused it. Users now have 5 minutes to make their changes before the post is locked for editing purposes.

Welcome to life, where contrary to what your teachers may have told you, things aren't fair and everyone isn't a special little snowflake.

Life should be fair, anything that makes life unfair should be removed.

Okaaaay, I always say that when someone says life isn't fair...

Anyhow, 1 hour 18 minutes to go - better have them saved! (I have the signature page open in a tab, so at 5:01 I can just hit the save button :P)

Also, some of the posts in this thread are funny...

We're also going to change the cookie domain at the same time, so it logs you out.

Just for you though.

That's slightly more evil than usual, any particular reason why or do I just annoy you in general?

However, the cookie domain setting will affect everyone, so hay ho ;)

That's slightly more evil than usual, any particular reason why or do I just annoy you in general?

However, the cookie domain setting will affect everyone, so hay ho ;)

Nah, just add a conditional into the system...
PHP:
if($visitor['user_id'] == '48646') {
  // new domain
}

You did threaten that yours better not change. It makes you an easy target. ;)

Nah, just add a conditional into the system...
PHP:
if($visitor['user_id'] == '48646') {
  // new domain
}

You did threaten that yours better not change. It makes you an easy target. ;)

Would that work though, as I won't be logged in anyway as the cookies will be gone, also the visitor isn't initialised until AFTER cookies has been set?

I think I'm right at least...

Would that work though, as I won't be logged in anyway as the cookies will be gone, also the visitor isn't initialised until AFTER cookies has been set?

I think I'm right at least...

Cookies are sent with requests, so as you went to save, it could easily check the cookies and invalidate your cookie / reject the request, so yes, it would work.

Top Bottom