Smilies?

LOLs, I had forgotten how much fun it is making smilies.. really have to stop now and do some work, but here are a few I made this morning..

testsheet.webp

these are 21x21px - I am pretty sure they will be fine in with the text, only being the same size as a line of text should mean they don't break the line spacing - I hope anyway tongue.webp but that is a little hard to be sure without them being in the actual smilie set, seems they are sitting at the top of the linespacing not at the bottom, which is interesting, but it could be because this one is an attachment, not actual text as such..

Smilies are too cool and too important to worry about linespacing being perfect imho. Smilies Rock...

punk.gif

You're not stepping on anyone's toes. I'd love to see yours as well. If nothing else, they can be posted here in the graphics section when we open it.
People are always looking for good smilies.

Might be worth while in the graphics section having a thread where folks can ask for smilies to be made. Worked a treat at another place, though one guy who wanted one holding up sign saying "I'd Hit That" ran afoul of the feminist element. :D

LOLs, I had forgotten how much fun it is making smilies.. really have to stop now and do some work, but here are a few I made this morning..

View attachment 890

these are 21x21px - I am pretty sure they will be fine in with the text, only being the same size as a line of text should mean they don't break the line spacing - I hope anyway View attachment 891 but that is a little hard to be sure without them being in the actual smilie set, seems they are sitting at the top of the linespacing not at the bottom, which is interesting, but it could be because this one is an attachment, not actual text as such..

Smilies are too cool and too important to worry about linespacing being perfect imho. Smilies Rock...

punk.gif
Ah, I see now. I was trying to figure out why the purple smiley you used inline was a linked image with the "Click this image..." text but then I realized when I hit 'Reply' that you actually attached it to your post instead of hotlinking it to a remote site.

Have you tried clicking on it yet? :D

ok then I am going to type a really long dissertation about absolutely nothing just to see what this size smiley looks like in a paragraph. Don't mind me, I'm just babbling, for the sole purpose of testing this size smiley.
greengrin3.png
I like the green smilies, did I say that? Green and red are my favorite colors. I guess that's why I like Christmas so much. Or maybe I like the colors because I like Christmas?
greengrin3.png
Who knows. OH speaking of Christmas, my GAWD it's only 4 1/2 months away! Now why did I bring up Christmas anyway? OH I remember now.... I green is one of my favorite colors.
greengrin3.png

Hmmm test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test :) test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test tes:cool:t test test test test test test test test tes:confused:t test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test :( test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test :(test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test

ok then I am going to type a really long dissertation about absolutely nothing just to see what this size smiley looks like in a paragraph. Don't mind me, I'm just babbling, for the sole purpose of testing this size smiley.
greengrin3.png
I like the green smilies, did I say that? Green and red are my favorite colors. I guess that's why I like Christmas so much. Or maybe I like the colors because I like Christmas?
greengrin3.png
Who knows. OH speaking of Christmas, my GAWD it's only 4 1/2 months away! Now why did I bring up Christmas anyway? OH I remember now.... I green is one of my favorite colors.
greengrin3.png
They distort the line spacing. :(

yeah our defaults are 18 x 18 Nick, and the ones from Dragonfly are 21 x 21 . They actually don't break the line spacing/height all that much. But being the perfectionist that I am, I would prefer 19 x 19 or 20 x 20, even.

I really like them tho.

DF's smilies distort the line spacing because they don't have the special smilie-sauce CSS applied to them. Look at the CSS for the built-in smilies in Firebug, then apply the same to DF's and see if they fix the line spacing.

yeah our defaults are 18 x 18 Nick, and the ones from Dragonfly are 21 x 21 . They actually don't break the line spacing/height all that much. But being the perfectionist that I am, I would prefer 19 x 19 or 20 x 20, even.

I really like them tho.
It's enough to make me go crazy! :p

Yes they are 21x21

Holy Schmoly, really only 4 and a half months away? That is scary!!! Holy Schmoly, really only 4 and a half months away? That is scary!!! Holy Schmoly, really only 4 and a half months away? That is scary!!!
Just to test, this is a paragraph of text that is really just rambling to test out something here... :D You really like Christmas Peggy? I have a client who runs a Santa Claus site, and it is Christmas all year round there!! I love it, I adore Christmas too it is just so much fun. Christmas is in the middle of Summer down here and I would love love love to have a white Christmas one year, :p I am determined to do it one time for sure, although I am not sure when that would be! Holy Schmoly, really only 4 and a half months away? That is scary!!!

Holy Schmoly, really only 4 and a half months away? That is scary!!! Holy Schmoly, really only 4 and a half months away? That is scary!!! Holy Schmoly, really only 4 and a half months away? That is scary!!!
Just to test, this is a paragraph of text that is really just rambling to test out something here...
greengrin5.png
You really like Christmas Peggy? I have a client who runs a Santa Claus site, and it is Christmas all year round there!! I love it, I adore Christmas too it is just so much fun. Christmas is in the middle of Summer down here and I would love love love to have a white Christmas one year,
tongue.png
I am determined to do it one time for sure, although I am not sure when that would be!

Just to test, this is a paragraph of text that is really just rambling to test out something here...
biggrin2.gif
You really like Christmas Peggy? I have a client who runs a Santa Claus site, and it is Christmas all year round there!! I love it, I adore Christmas too it is just so much fun. Christmas is in the middle of Summer down here and I would love love love to have a white Christmas one year,
tongue.gif
I am determined to do it one time for sure, although I am not sure when that would be! Holy Schmoly, really only 4 and a half months away? That is scary!!!

Top Bottom