Slow(er) loading

Hmm. You'd need to do some debugging to find out where the issue lies, unfortunately I have never run a server on Windows and have only used mod_php for Apache and PHP. I have since moved to nginx+php-FPM, but FPM doesn't work under Windows AFAIK. Good luck.

Hmm. You'd need to do some debugging to find out where the issue lies, unfortunately I have never run a server on Windows and have only used mod_php for Apache and PHP. I have since moved to nginx+php-FPM, but FPM doesn't work under Windows AFAIK. Good luck.
I already know that nginx does not realy works under windows.

Ok i copied the old apache+php folder to my new server i started that to see if that helps and guess what? It is slow. So its not apache or php or mysql?
Only different thing is the operating system and the hardware/network, but the hardware is better and the network work is fine, so what else can it be?

When i use localhost to connect to mysql its slow, when 127.0.0.1 is used it is like it should be.
Thank you for unknowingly confirming something that I tried to point out to someone else (they didn't listen). :)

127.0.0.1 will always be faster. Computers like numbers and not words ;)

edit: As I matter of interest... I've gone through all my server config files once and replaced anything that said "localhost" with 127.0.01 and noticed improvements

That might work in a Windows environment but specifying 127.0.0.1 in Unix will use TCP/IP instead of a UNIX socket; which might not be desirable, depending on your server set-up.

Top Bottom