[Site Suggestion] Bug tracker

I'm hoping for a XenForo 'project tools', just because then we'd have an option that integrates into our project for my site :p.

If you get PT to work for XenForo without rewriting the entire thing, I'll be impressed. :D But, I personally hate, and I mean hate bug tracking in Traq, and JIRA for that matter. Redmine (if I remember correctly), wasn't bad.
I have to agree with you. They were and are horrible.

The idea behind JIRA seems like it wouldn't be bad, it just seems like its "WTF am I doing?" Trac is just horrible all around, except in SVN integration.

I believe it's 10 users, total. Which would mean that the customers couldn't use the tracker to report bugs. I've also heard that JIRA is so hungry that it practically requires it's own dedicated server. Personally, I would vote for Trac (used by WordPress) or Redmine. :)

If you think JIRA is a resource hog, then I'm surprised you would want to use Redmine in its place. :)

We use JIRA where I work for a number of projects, and I haven't found it to be a hindrance in the least bit. In fact, it has come in handy, for myself, quite a few times (especially in terms of analytics). I can't remember the last time it took me more than 5-15 minutes to complete a variety of tasks pertaining to updating tickets, checking the backlog, viewing graphs, etc. Any issue tracker is awful if poorly implemented.

Anyway, the separate forums for issues here seems to be working just fine.

I have found JIRA to be a time-sucking hinderance, not a help on the occasions I've been forced to use it. That may be simply the way it had been set up, but it has made it very unlikely that I would ever consider using it on a project of my own.

Only JIRA or any bug-tracking software? May be, for example, mantisbt will be ok for XenForo?

A tracker somewhere on XF, whether it is an in-house solution or outsourced, would help a great deal. When used correctly, they prevent bugs from being lost in the shuffle.

Project Tools on XenForo looks great - very buggy at the moment, but was quite interesting to convert over as a test and parse through the xf framework.

Mantis is a complete PITA to customise. PHP code and template code mixed together across multiple files!

An official XF Tracker/PT would be fantastic. I'd be willing to pay for it as an official addon. At the moment the lack of a XF tracker product is the big reason we're having to stick with the vB.

Top Bottom