Add-on Simple Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are about to cure about a year's worth of headaches. Thank you very much. Now.. Get back to coding so we can use this! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dan
Looking good! :cool:

I noticed on the demo site the XF friendly URLs option seems to be turned on but when clicking on the category names the URLs not using the rewritten values. Something still in the works? :)

Looking good! :cool:

I noticed on the demo site the XF friendly URLs option seems to be turned on but when clicking on the category names the URLs not using the rewritten values. Something still in the works? :)
It's little bit tricky because xenforo would handle the category names as route prefixes and i don't like to have something like www.your-url.com/portal/category/categoryname.1

We have several ideas for this, but we'll get back to this later.

This is possibly the first portal ive seen (apart from DP's which is just a syndication parser) which looks like it has some potential.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Dan
Can we assign styles to categories or do they all use the default style?
In theory it's possible to assign languages & styles, but it's not implemented yet.
It's even possible to use a different page container without any extra addons, you'll just need to set the container in the xenforo config file. (e.g. to do something like http://xenforo.com/ )

All the extra stuff will come later, the highest priority is to fix the small design issues and release version 1.0

Also, how about cross URL support? Eg our forums are on p8ntballer-forums.com, but would love to plug this addon in at p8ntballer.com and pull some content, resources etc....

In theory it's possible to assign languages & styles, but it's not implemented yet.
It's even possible to use a different page container without any extra addons, you'll just need to set the container in the xenforo config file. (e.g. to do something like http://xenforo.com/ )

All the extra stuff will come later, the highest priority is to fix the small design issues and release version 1.0
Awesome,looking forward to it :)

You should consider removing the breadcrumbs as they are redundant.
They are not redundant if he adds support for categories to the breadcrumbs.

Is there a way to remove the category tabs on left and put them in the sidebar on right? Seems like they take up a lot of space.

I like it so far. Hopefully it will come out soon and lets hope there is support with the new Apache + PHP/MySQL versions to make sure the product does not break.

Also a date calendar on the posts might be nice next to each news posted so users know when it was posted and so on.

I like it so far. Hopefully it will come out soon and lets hope there is support with the new Apache + PHP/MySQL versions to make sure the product does not break.

Also a date calendar on the posts might be nice next to each news posted so users know when it was posted and so on.

Hmmm, this looks very promising.

I may finally be able to get rid of the Page I have been using as a home page.

Do you have any plans to add the author's avatar as I have done here?http://cliptheapex.com/community/pages/home/
Authorname, Avatar, Date, commentcount, viewcount,etc.. are all style properties.
styleproperties.webp
If you activate everything you'll get
full.webp

1. WOuldn't this require a second xenforo license? Is it really worth for a simple portal/landingpage?

2. Not sure because of the session. How should this work without any extra SSO Addon?
Also, how about cross URL support? Eg our forums are on p8ntballer-forums.com, but would love to plug this addon in at p8ntballer.com and pull some content, resources etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom