Add-on Simple Groups Preview

Looking good so far. :D I think the resource manager look isn't very appealing, but you're definitely right about it being consistent and it looks seamless with the stock xenforo layout.

We're currently using a different add-on to achieve our social groups, but I hope this finishes soon so I can try it out. :)
Really? I actually like the resource manager look because it's organized. We really didn't want to try to do anything too out of the box due to time constraints. Doing something that looks like another function of XenForo is a good way to keep things consistent and also have it look familiar. Perhaps we can adjust the look in the future, but for now we will stick with this for time and functionality sake.

Our main focus now is getting an ALPHA product out for internal QA.

Hi Nevil,

You can set your installation to create new forum nodes whenever your users create a group. This will be their own private/personal forum that they manage ;).
Can I set the settings so that when user creates a section, it creates default subsections automatically? And these subsections should also have their permissions only section members can open and read subsections.

Can I set the settings so that when user creates a section, it creates default subsections automatically? And these subsections should also have their permissions only section members can open and read subsections.
That will not be a feature. We are not trying to overly complicate this process, especially for the first release. Why would you need sub-nodes created within each forum group? I'm just curious for the use case scenario here.

That will not be a feature. We are not trying to overly complicate this process, especially for the first release. Why would you need sub-nodes created within each forum group? I'm just curious for the use case scenario here.
Let me explain. We are making mmorpg community board. All mmorpgs have guilds. Usually, each guild has its own forum. We want to host these guild forums. For that, we want to give each guild a possibility to create their own fully functional forum with subforums/subsections, and give them a possibility to create closed subsection so that only guild members can read it and members of other guilds couldn't read it (for example - guild wars strategies subforum).

Let me explain. We are making mmorpg community board. All mmorpgs have guilds. Usually, each guild has its own forum. We want to host these guild forums. For that, we want to give each guild a possibility to create their own fully functional forum with subforums/subsections, and give them a possibility to create closed subsection so that only guild members can read it and members of other guilds couldn't read it (for example - guild wars strategies subforum).
Understood, we will look into the possibility of doing this. As a heads up, I wouldn't expect this in the beta or even stable release. Perhaps for the future, but we have to explore first.

Great work. :)
I am undecided between Nobita social groups (@Nobita.Kun) and your simple groups addon. It would be great if you would also support a files and an images tab.

But the following feature request would be really needed for my community and maybe for other admins, too. I would love to see the ability to transfer group ownership for exchanging points (e.g. Credits, trophy points...) @******* has a great Credits addon for exchanging digital value. So users can interact by selling their popular groups to other members. This sort of can become a game. Users really like to exchange digital value using a point system at our community. We are doing it at our board where users manually transfer ownership if virtual animal pictures by exchanging points.

Great work. :)
I am undecided between Nobita social groups (@Nobita.Kun) and your simple groups addon. It would be great if you would also support a files and an images tab.

But the following feature request would be really needed for my community and maybe for other admins, too. I would love to see the ability to transfer group ownership for exchanging points (e.g. Credits, trophy points...) @******* has a great Credits addon for exchanging digital value. So users can interact by selling their popular groups to other members. This sort of can become a game. Users really like to exchange digital value using a point system at our community. We are doing it at our board where users manually transfer ownership if virtual animal pictures by exchanging points.
I would rather do an integration with Xen Media Gallery as an additional addon than make that part of the core. As for "files", I think we can look into that. Not for the first release, but in the future.

The credits integration is very far off. I would request ******* create a small integration for that if he likes. However, I don't believe that would be created on our end.

An integration with an available gallery add-on sounds reasonable.
Why do you prefer Xen Media Gallery over XenGallery? The problem is that all XenGallery customers would have to switch their gallery add-on if they choose to use your groups add-on.

An integration with an available gallery add-on sounds reasonable.
Why do you prefer Xen Media Gallery over XenGallery? The problem is that all XenGallery customers would have to switch their gallery add-on if they choose to use your groups add-on.
Simply because it's the only license I currently have access to. I don't really know if this will even be an immediate thing, but it gives XMG a leg up. Plus I feel @Chris D does some fantastic work.

I doubt we will support just 1, but we will be selective in terms of quality.

Do you have an approximate time frame when you will be releasing the first version of your product?
It would be nice to see your product supporting the two most well known xenforo gallery add-ons (Xen Media Gallery & XenGallery).

Do you have an approximate time frame when you will be releasing the first version of your product?
It would be nice to see your product supporting the two most well known xenforo gallery add-ons (Xen Media Gallery & XenGallery).
No ETA's. That's our policy. ETA's only lead to broken promises and heart feelings. You never know what may happen a few months or weeks from now. We'll see what the demand is during our beta testing.

Okay, thanks. I am looking forward to see your product.
It would be nice to see a recent activity widget or tab on the default groups home page.

Top Bottom