Should I use a Cache mechanism if my VPS uses LiteSpeed?

alright, so I finally got this sorted and up and running. Litespeed 4.2.4 is running LSPHP 5.4.20 with Litespeed suEXEC running and xcache 3.0.3 up and running.

xcache.size=60m
xcache.var_size=4M

in my config file, I have:

Code:
$config['cache'] = array(
'enabled' => true,
'frontend' => 'Core',
'frontendOptions' => array(
'caching' => true,
'automatic_serialization' => false,
'cache_id_prefix' => 'you_prefix_',
'lifetime' => 18000
),
'backend' => 'Xcache',
'backendOptions' => array(),
'cacheSessions' => false
);

alright, so I finally got this sorted and up and running. Litespeed 4.2.4 is running LSPHP 5.4.20 with Litespeed suEXEC running and xcache 3.0.3 up and running.

xcache.size=60m
xcache.var_size=4M

in my config file, I have:

Code:
$config['cache'] = array(
'enabled' => true,
'frontend' => 'Core',
'frontendOptions' => array(
'caching' => true,
'automatic_serialization' => false,
'cache_id_prefix' => 'you_prefix_',
'lifetime' => 18000
),
'backend' => 'Xcache',
'backendOptions' => array(),
'cacheSessions' => false
);
This is my config.php:

Code:
//xCache Settings
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_LBSMAIN';
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'XCache';
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
You don't really need anything else. Based on xCache's config page, is 60MB/4MB enough? when you go to the diagnostic tab, is there anything red? Have you disabled Readonly Protection? If not disable it.

Yes, readonly protection is disabled. I'll edit the config in a bit and see if I have the same session issues as before.

Here is my xcache section of php.ini
Based on xCache's config page, is 60MB/4MB enough?

when you go to the diagnostic tab, is there anything red? Have you disabled Readonly Protection? If not disable it.

So far, I've been watching xcache's admin screen and I'm averaging about 10-20MB of use, not even hitting close to 60MB yet.

php.ini says that yes, I've disabled readonly protection:

xcache.readonly_protection="Off"

However, xCache diagnostics shows:

Readonly ProtectionError| Set to enabled but not available| Use xcache.mmap_path other than /dev/zero

So, I don't know if I really need to worry about it at this point.

It should be like this:

xcache.readonly_protection=Off

Without the " " between the off

If caching sessions doesn't work/making your website slow it maybe because you need to increase the soft/hard limit of your server's memory in Litespeed's control panel.
These are my settings for xCache and Litessped (in Litespeed's control panel):

I have increased Memory Soft Limit (bytes) to 850M, and Memory Hard Limit (bytes) to 1000M (if you use only 20MB, then these numbers should be much lower in your case. I use about 180MB cache for my wordpress + xf websites).

Also I have set the following:
PHP_LSAPI_MAX_REQUESTS=1000
PHP_LSAPI_CHILDREN=50
Max Connections 50
Finally I have set Max Idle Time to -1.

Hosting company got xcache up and running, but I'm still not sure about the litespeed auto-reboot every 2 hours setting.

You would need to enable piped logging if there is such a thing for litespeed. By default apache has it turned off and apache would restart every two hours unless you have piped logging enabled. I would look at something similar in litespeed (there has to be a setting) if litespeed keeps restarting every two hours.

Top Bottom