XF 2.0 Setting up a payment option

Spartan

I'd like to set up a payment option that moves a user with a verified payment to a no ad usergroup.

Is this possible with or without an addon?

If so, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

So once someone has donated, he is automatically upgraded to a specified usergroup?
Yes. When you create a user upgrade, you can specify the user group(s) you want the user to be added to. When they purchase the upgrade they will be automatically added to the user group(s). Once the upgrade ends, if they don't renew they will automatically be removed from the specified user group(s).

Was going to start my own thread but this one is going where I need. Is it feasible to use the payment system for donations? That is, we don't want to promote or upgrade users necessarily (in fact, we've just stated on the site that everything will remain free for everyone with no paid premiums or upgrades), just use the capability to set up a system for accepting donations other than starting a private conversation with the treasurer.

Yes, it can be used for that, but it would be fixed amounts.

If you only want donations, why not just add a PayPal donate button to the sidebar?

Top Bottom