Fixed  Server Error while install?

Definitely not...Just wondering whether to post mine on a new thread, as it seems the guys have marked this as "fixed"....But I can't get the install to run.
I still get the "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction" error. That's after re-downloading the package and re-uploading them to the server.

Any other ideas, guys?

Have you tried running the install again without removing the tables? It should ask to verify the DB info is correct and asks whether you want to remove all existing posts / users.

I'm having other issues now, but I don't think they're related to this database table issue.

Also ensure you update the cache_rebuild.js file as mentioned in other threads.

I'm using XAMPP on Windows XP SP2 (32 bit).
Heres some more version info just in case you need it:

Code:
PHP 5.3.0 (cli) (built: Jul  2 2009 21:08:11)
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
    with XCache v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 2005-2009, by mOo
    with Xdebug v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 2002-2010, by Derick Rethans

Code:
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.37, for Win32 (ia32)

Code:
Server version: Apache/2.2.12 (Win32)
Server built:   Jul 22 2009 11:35:54

And yes, 119 tables with a total of 172 records get created in my case as well.

Have you tried running the install again without removing the tables? It should ask to verify the DB info is correct and asks whether you want to remove all existing posts / users.

I'm having other issues now, but I don't think they're related to this database table issue.

Yeap, tried that, same thing. Still getting: "Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction"

Always happens during the phrase importing.

But Brogan, those are two completely different errors.
They are but there is already discussion on that error in the original thread.

When I get a chance I will split the posts out.

Really hard trying to keep up with so many duplicate threads getting posted...

You gave me quite the scare there, I was already thinking my server didn't meet some kind of requirement. Luckily, it seems to be working now.

Yes, I've tried that and can successfully reach that stage. Leaving the box unticked returns the same error, ticking it results in a different error depending on browser used.
  • In Firefox; It tries to open/download a blank index.php
  • In Chrome; Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.
  • In IE8; "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage", after diagnosing the connection it reports no error then auto refreshes on Step 2, this time with the Error message, but no detailed description beneath it.
----------

If I simply skip to step 3, by typing it in my browser address bar, I am able to get to the "Setup Administrator" stage, however, once I fill out the info and hit "Create Administrator" I get the following error;
index.php?install/step/4 said:
Server ErrorUndefined index: boardTitle
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in C:/wamp/www/xen/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 294
  2. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep4() in C:/wamp/www/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:/wamp/www/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/wamp/www/xen/install/index.php at line 17

I believe that's for a unrelated error, none the less I've done that and still encounter the same problem.

I get this error as soon as I try to navigate to the install directory

Fatal error: Class 'Zend_Registry' not found in /*******/******/*********/xenforo/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 11

I cleared cache, tried in both Firefox, Chrome, refreshed, still same error

I ran the systems requirement script on the server and passed

Im stuck

I get this error as soon as I try to navigate to the install directory

Fatal error: Class 'Zend_Registry' not found in /*******/******/*********/xenforo/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 11

I cleared cache, tried in both Firefox, Chrome, refreshed, still same error

I ran the systems requirement script on the server and passed

Im stuck

Try (re)uploading all files in /library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/ and try again.

Top Bottom